Ended Camp Management Officer – Capacity Building
1) Job Title: Camp Management Officer – Capacity Building
2) Grade: H
3) Duty station: Sanaa,
4) Date of Issue: 30.07.2019
5) Aim: The Capacity Building Officer is responsible for building the capacity of partners, community organizations, volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders in DRC’s Protection Programme, under the joint supervision of Protection Project Managers in accordance with the organizational mandate, priorities, and donor agreement.
6) Reporting lines
- Reports to: CCCM Manager, Functional Reporting line to CCCM Consortium Manager
- Subordinates: None
- Coordinate capacity assessments of the Consortium partner, community groups, and stakeholders on Community Based Protection programming, including knowledge and understanding of HR/IHL/Guiding Principles, and Humanitarian Principles
- Contribute to comprehensive capacity building plans for Consortium partners based on respective needs in order to support quality interventions.
- Develop/compile training packages on selected Protection and Protection project related topics
- Provide trainings utilizing developed training packages and other materials to Consortium partners, community groups, and stakeholders, in coordination with the Project Managers;
- Facilitate trainings related to Community Based Protection, as well as general protection principles to DRC’s partners and internal staff
- Coordinate the provision of trainings on organizational capacity in coordination with respective staff (HR, Logistics, Finance, M & E) and Project Manager.
- Monitor application of skills gained in trainings by staff, partner organizations, community groups, and stakeholders.
- Produce monthly reports on the progression of the capacity building plans.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Yemen programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Ensure transparency and DRC’s positive regard and reputation within communities.
- This position requires frequent travel between base/suboffices/community centers/mobile centers, and will also require participation in community outreach.
8) Essential attributes:
- University degree in law, human rights, refugee studies, social sciences or other related discipline;
- Relevant professional experience of three (2) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context;
- Prior experience or familiarity with DRC and/or persons of concern (including internally displaced persons and refugees-returnees) would be a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of international protection and human rights legal standards
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community development and mobilization.
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis/assessments and developing training programs for a broad range of audiences from different institutional levels;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent spoken and written English/Arabic and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
9) Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree would be an asset.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience of work in the UN or NGO or voluntary sector is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in management of a team;
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making;
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Consortium communities and customary rules;
- Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure;
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work;
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity.
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS Office, Internet etc.);
Languages: Spoken and written English, and Arabic are essential,
Qualified CV are invited through the below application link no later than 22 August 2019. Due to the urgency of this recruitment, interviews will be done on a rolling basis; and a candidate may be identified even before the closing date.