Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : Purchaser
Department: Logistics Department
Duration: Until 29th February 2020 (Renewable)
Assignment: To ensure that all the purchasing are respecting ACF and the donors policies outlined in KitLogV3.
Objective 1: Deal with purchases
- Receive the validated procurement request from the base log.
- Prepare all the necessary document for the purchase dossier and seek their approval
- Purchase the items complying with the requester specification, respecting KitLogV3 procedures
- Complete the purchases within given time frame and make sure to deliver the right quality at right price.
- Coordinate with requester regarding selection of material, quality check at delivery and late delivery
- Coordinate with store keeper to ensure the good delivery into stock and order the regular supplies on time.
Objective 2: Information management:
- Keep the PFU up to date & disseminate to relevant staff weekly
- Keep the price catalogue up to date and to conduct market survey.
- Deal with the quotation requests.
Objective 3: Follow the payments made by suppliers
- Mange the suppliers’ payment in coordination with cashier by following the logistics and finance procedures
- Ensure that the invoices have the proper required information in accordance with ACF procedures
- Transfer the approved invoices to the accounts department to pay the suppliers
- Settle the cash advance according to the Finance procedures
Objective 4: Communication & delivery management
- Respect the delivery dates of the items
- Coordinate with the requester regarding the items selection
- Seek the precise description of the items when it’s not clear from the requester at the capital level.
- Coordinate with the Supply Manager regarding the information concerning the base’s needs.
- The items should be delivered whether directly to the requester or to the storekeeper.
- Ensure the security of the items while loading/offloading and during the movement at the market.
- Manage the payment for the loading and the offloading of trucks and heavy items.
Objective 5: Team management
- Supervise the daily worker when needed and strictly respect of the child labour right.
- Ensure that ACF charter, HR rules and regulation are strictly respected.
- To replace the storekeeper when he is in leave
- To replace the field purchaser’s when needed
Objective 6: Others
- Any other task might be asked by the line manager within scope of Logistics department (replace the logistics staff during their holidays)
- Ensure the participation in all meeting called by supervisor or ACF
Educational / Professional Background:
- Bachelor degree (Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management or relevant )
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1-2 years of similar work experience (Logistics, Supply Chain Management)
- Advance level of IT Skills (MS Office)
- Knowledge of English
- Leadership& Organization
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation & conflict management
- Ability to identify problem and provide solutions
- Team player and ability to work with deadlines and/or under stress
- Residents from Alkhokha, al-Mokha or Hodeidah are preferred.
- Level of the position: Technician Level 2.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Alkhokha ” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to : firstname.lastname@example.org or on Whatsapp on this 716322214 or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 19th August 2019 .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.