Ended MEAL Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the monitoring and evaluation activities for all projects implemented in Aden area office.
- Generic responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Specific responsibilities:
- Work closely with Shelter/NFI, Education, FSL, WASH and ICLA teams to support with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports.
- Conduct and support frequent surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Engage in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports and draft regular M&E project’ M&E report.
- Responsible for establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system.
- Give technical guidance and necessary trainings to program staff in documentation of the projects, including project inputs, outputs and outcomes (e.g. assessments, compiling beneficiary lists, recording construction progress, education activity attendance, change in behaviour and situation, etc.).
- Responsible for data analysis and compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports.
- Maintain and update the country programme M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing.
- Support in the development of M&E tools as required.
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data.
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; prepare the statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
- Responsible for productions of maps & other geographic information products in coordination with other stakeholders i.e. iMMAPs, OCHA, etc.
- Liaise with United Nations agencies and other humanitarian partners to ensure that the information needed to support humanitarian operations is generated and made easily available.
- University degree in law, social studies, development studies / other relevant field/ the equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with NGO, legal or international organization in the area of protection or human rights.
- Experience from working with protection and legal assistance projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own skills/profile .
- Knowledge of English.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Academy college / University
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Knowledge of English and the local language.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite.
- 3 months (with possibility of extension based on need and availability of fund – Fixed Term)
- Females Candidates are encouraged to Apply.
- Travel: Approx. 50 days travel
Please interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for more details about post and apply through post application: