Ended ICLA Assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to provide legal assistance to ICLA beneficiaries.
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the ICLA activities.
- Conduct advocacy related activities.
- Ensure that ICLA project activities are implemented in accordance with approved proposals, donor requirements, NRC policies, international standards and local customs.
- Act as a focal point for needs assessments and beneficiary selection.
- Undertake regular field visits (as and when security allows) to conduct ICLA activities.
- Ensure smooth project cycle from implementation, project monitoring, verification of completion and evaluation.
- Assist in the implementation of project activities giving advice and information to beneficiaries on the processes involved, awareness sessions and managing local authorities’ capacity building programmes on ICLA thematic areas.
- Apply participatory and inclusive processes in project implementation and in promoting local capacities to help themselves wherever possible.
- Understand situation including legal situations (according to national and international laws and principles) for ICLA beneficiaries in Yemen.
- Assist in developing and implementing case management systems and databases of cases.
- Support preparing and updating case management systems and database of cases.
- Support in the preparation and update of and mapping service providers in the area of responsibility.
- Conduct group information sessions for ICLA beneficiaries through outreach, awareness campaigns and advocacy initiatives .
- Guide ICLA beneficiaries seeking legal assistance on how to receive legal counseling.
- Take part in mobilization and conducting of needs assessments, studies and researches using focus group discussions, interviews and questionnaires.
- Conduct trainings and training needs assessments for ICLA target groups.
- Assist in strategic review and monitoring and evaluation of ICLA activities .
- Collate information on government and NGO policies pertaining to IDPs and monitors the general context through regular filed access to identify issues affecting IDPs which relate to ICLA thematic areas.
- Establish excellent relations with beneficiaries including understanding the needs of beneficiaries through regular visits and frequent contact.
- Document findings on thematic assessments and studies.
- Analyze and produce quantitative and qualitative activity reports.
- Bring to the immediate attention of the PO emergency support issues requiring immediate action and support.
- Provide analysis on the Protection issues facing ICLA beneficiaries.
- University degree in law, social studies, development studies / other relevant field/ the equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with NGO, legal or international organization in the area of protection or human rights.
- Experience from working with protection and legal assistance projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own skills/profile .
- Knowledge of English.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Academy college / University
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Knowledge of English and the local language.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite.
- 5 months (with possibility of extension based on need and availability of fund – Fixed Term)
- Females Candidates are encouraged to Apply.
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
Please interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for more details about post and apply through post application: