Ended Fleet and Assets Assistant
Fleet and Assets Assistant – Sa’ada .
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Regular follow up on assets of the SCI field office through direct contact with the Logistics Officer.
- Conduct periodic physical inventories of SCI office equipment to ensure accuracy of serial numbers, asset’s condition, net total on hand and exact location of property.
- Monitor assets registers and tagging at field office level; develop asset replacement plan with Log officer; ensure that disposal of assets are in accordance with Save the Children and donor guidelines.
- "Capitalization” of appropriate items in accordance with SCI’s policies governing asset classes.
- Preparation of inventory reports as required.
- Support to the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property.
- Maintain all vehicles in good work conditions (Clean, Ready and equipped well with safety & security tools)
- Able to assess the vehicles and set up proper plans for regular maintenance system according to SCI policies and procedures.
- Maintain good movements plans & schedules.
- Maintain Log books , movement sheet and travel documents for all vehicles (to be always updated).
- Fuel refilling and Oil change follow up.
- Show proficient driving experience including a good knowledge of Sana'a as well as being.
- Able and willing to work in complex and complicated work situations.
- Archiving all related documents and paper work making all to be easy access when needed.
- Good knowledge in Arabic and English , computer skills and ability to communicate and to draft notes.
- Experience with logistics tasks (permits, communication equipment) could be an assist.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
- Relevant diploma or university degree, Further studies desirable, particularly logistics, business or computer related.
- Proven experience in fleet management and familiarity with logistics accounting procedures.
- At least three years of experience as Driver or/and Fleet assistant. Previous professional experience with international organizations or highly reputed Non-Governmental Organizations could be an asset.
- Holding a valid driving license.
- Good written and spoken English.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least one year of relevant professional work experience in related field.
- Plan and coordinate flight operations in consultation with line manager.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand principles of data management.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur.
- Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- An excellent record keeper who keeps information up to date.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-organization.
- Ability to manage and organize large groups of labourers.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, Diplomacy, Capability to create strong relationship between among all teams’ members.
- Strong negotiation and communication skill.
- Ability to use computer, word window and Excel.
- Strong training facilitation skill.
- Under supervision of Logistics Coordinator, he/she will maintain good and smoth fleet services to provide the best possible support for the programmes’ teams.
- Under supervision of Logistics Officer, he/she will continuously update the assets tracker and follow every change of any asset condition; reporting the asset’s condition change and updating the assets registry accordingly.
Contract length: 5 Months, renewable based of funding availability
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using an up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Saada.Jobs@savethechildren.org Please mention the job title and location in the subject box
The Deadline for Receiving Applications is 19th.August.2019
Note: please send with your CV, the reference Request form which you could download it form the link bellow: Fleet &Assets Assistant
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.