Ended Programme Policy Officer Risk & Compliance (CFM/Hotline)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 or more years of relevant work experience with an advanced educational degree in a relevant area of expertise OR 3 or more years of relevent experience with a first university degree with relevant years of experience
(Administrative/Assistant/Secretariat work experience is not considered, except for years holding Associate positions or above (UN equivalent grade G-6 or above), in which case each year is counted at 50%).
- · Fluency in English (level C written and spoken).
- · Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken).
- · Yemeni citizenship.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Review the Daily and Weekly CFM reports and generate an analytical report detailing all serious cases by type, Governorate, FDP and by office for immediate action by Programme and other related functions.
- Close coordination/working relationship with TPVAA for field verification of reported cases, and the quality assessment of TPVAA findings.
- Supervise the CFM (Hotline) Operators, work closely with the CFM colleagues to prepare a work plan for the Unit and each staff member with clearly measurable outputs and outcomes.
- Review the current CFM Tracking & Follow-up Model with a view to refining it for better outcome reporting, case management and coordination with relevant units, offices for closure discussions internally.
- Escalate failed, or long-drawn CFM cases to Management and to the Compliance Coordination Committee (CCCM) for deliberations during a scheduled CCCM meeting in order to make recommendations for action to the CD. All serious/open cases where related parties have failed to take appropriate action to dispose these cases in a timely, or satisfactory manner.
- Maintain food diversion and misuse cases and update the diversion tracking sheets, following-up actions taken to recover diverted food and coordinate with the donor reporting focal point to report food diversion cases.
- Any other assigned task
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Proven ability to manage and supervise Complaints and Feedback Mechanism/ Hotline in a complex operation.
- Problem-solving skills, ability to rationalize and identify facts of reported cases.
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government||Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.|
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link associated to the VA you want to apply to
Link For Non-WFP staff: Click here
Link For Non-WFP staff: Click here
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)