Ended CCCM Assistants (2)
Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Assistant (2)-Aden/Aldalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: CCCM Assistants (2)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
Partner coordination and service monitoring
- Support coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites, on a day-to-day basis
- Monitor service provision at site level using agreed tools, including through observation, conducting assessment, and collecting input from community members. Record and report data in a timely and accurate manner.
Community participation and representation
- Organize regular meetings with community groups and committees, ensuring participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups, taking minutes of meetings and attendance sheets
- Support organization of trainings to community committees, humanitarian agencies, and community members, on topics including on protection, fire response, and CCCM
Communication with communities and accountability
- Conduct Communications with Communities (CwC) activities in the sites, including regular outreach to the community and information campaigns, supported by daily workers as needed
- Support community mobilization efforts or information campaigns of community representatives or other humanitarian agencies as needed
- Implement Complaints and Response Mechanisms (CRM) activities in each of the sites: receive complaints, make referrals and ensure feedback is received, and ensure good data management
- Conduct regular data collection, including on service availability and standards in the sites
- Submit timely and accurate reports and data
- Participate in assessment and data collection exercises as needed
- Ensure information is shared back with partners and communities
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promote and adhere to ACTED’s Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
- Promote participation and representation of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalised groups in all SMC and partner activities
- Support vulnerable persons including through referral to protection partners, and support vulnerable persons at specific events (e.g. distributions, registration)
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities
- Support site assessment / committee formation / training to community by ACTED Shelter/Infrastructure and WASH teams, as needed
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to CCCM Officer
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents or risks to CCCM Officer
- Any additional task as requested by the line manager
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Preferable experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Good written communication skills;
- Good computer literacy, including use of smartphones and MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Good verbal and written English skills are of benefit;
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is of benefit;
- Experience in CCCM or Protection programming is of benefit
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail the following:
- CCCM Assistant-Aden - if you applying for Aden Or
- CCCM Assistant-Aldalee - if you are applying for Aldalee
- Rename your CV as First & Last name and state your references on the CV.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 21 August 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification