Ended (Capacity Building) Project Officers (8)
(Capacity Building) Project Officers (8)- Aden/Aldalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: (Capacity Building) Project Officers (8)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with project colleagues.
- Organizes and participates in external meetings as requested.
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection and humanitarian principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
- Responsible for the timely and quality implementation of the activities in the area of implementation of the project.
- Assists the Capacity Building Specialist in the planning and in the implementation of the activities.
- Prepares the activities material in close cooperation with the other Project Officers on the project and with the Capacity Building Specialist.
- Liaise, supports and follows-up with beneficiaries.
- Strengthen awareness of project activities within non targeted stakeholders.
- Responsible for close follow-up on two to five beneficiaries in the area of implementations.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations.
- Contributes to planning, suggestions for improving implementing project activities and participate in problems solving.
- Checks that all forms are properly filled out before leaving the field.
- Ensures that all equipment entrusted to you are maintained in a good state.
- Follows up with Finance department on the processes of advances opening and closure.
- Collects data, BNFs lists, attendance sheets, payment sheets and all other required documents from the beneficiaries as requested by Manager.
- Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented to the Specialist.
- Assists the Specialist in coordinating with the Base Database Assistant and Database Officer to ensure the data entry.
- Take photos of activities.
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals.
- Immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Ensure all movements are authorized with permits from the authorities.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor Degree (Masters preferred) in learning development or education or management and business administration, or any related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Change Management and Capacity building (Training & Development).
- Experience of at least 2 years in implementation of projects with emphasis on training and change management.
- Experience of having led business process reengineering/process improvement engagements is desirable.
- Experience in training and human resources.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Project Officer (Capacity Building) and rename your CV as First & Last name.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 21 August 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
- Please state your references on the cv.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification