Ended Human Resources Manager
Position Title: Human Resource MANAGER
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Taiz- Yemen
Position Category: Full-time
Duration of Assignment: one year
Generations Without Qat was founded in 2007 by a group of development professionals as voluntarily work and officially become a licensed NGO in 2010. The organization works on two main interventions: awareness and development. But since 2014, the organization is providing rapid response activities and relief support to the conflict-affected communities. Since our inception in 2010, GWQ has been dedicated its efforts to support communities in the country, especially the most vulnerable ones, in providing livelihoods, boosting health and education. The organization’s target beneficiaries are: youth, women and children, conflict-affected communities, and vulnerable populations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Human Resources Manager is ensuring that all the Human Resources processes, policies and deadlines are handled according to GWQ International standards and Yemeni legal context. The Human resource manager is responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Administrative and legal framework
- Apply working conditions on the basis of the HI Guidelines and local legislation; internal staff regulations, health policy, training policy and other applicable policies.
- Provide support in updating the classification and job descriptions and the management manual.
- Supervise the registration of employees at the Social Security & Tax Office & related payments.
- Ensure salary administration and the final issue of payment slips with Payroll Database.
- Ensure all staff has the appropriate contract and that individual records are regularly updated at all times.
- Transmit to the operational manager all relevant information on the essential elements for the proper functioning of the operative HR framework, court cases and up-to-date statistics on overall HR in the mission(i.e., recruitment, offshoring, performance appraisal)..
- Guarantee workplace safety by ensuring rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure that all key HR documents are available, translated and understood by staff at all levels.
Recruitment and Introduction of new staff
- Participate in the recruitment process for staffing field projects.
- Guaranteed the quality of the recruitment process.
- Is aware of the different lists of candidates for selection or non-selection
- Ensure respect and use of all official HI forms of the recruitment procedure
- Support Base administrators in the implementation of the recruitment process at local level
- Participate in all interviews made to candidates for local positions in Sana’a, ensure that the interview is conducted following the protocol defined previously and give her inputs from HR and administrative point of view per each candidate in the interview sheet.
- Send the Job Offers to the selected candidate and the negative answers to non-successful applicants.
- Make sure that all employees on the mission receive an adequate administrative/HR briefing, are aware of their rights and duties towards HI, have read and understood all internal policies and regulations.
Human Resource Management
- Take an active part in meetings and trainings.
- Ensure that candidates are registered and that applications receive adequate follow-up at the coordination and headquarters level.
- Ensure the communication of all relevant training issues at the coordination level.
- Participate in regular meetings of staff delegates.
- Regularly provide staff with all HR related information.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Art in Business Administration minimum (a degree in Human Resources is an added advantage)
- minimum 3+ years of previous experience in a senior human resources role preferably in the NGO sector
- Experience managing recruitment at a senior level
- Strong working knowledge of and experience HR.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Strong writing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Superior problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to earn trust and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive matters
- High level of energy and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and be highly proactive around all functions of human resources
- Expert MS Office and Google software skills, experience with applicant HR management software, and strong technical/computer skills
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, composure and flexibility
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: HR Manager
Deadline for applications is: 22.08.2019
- Please address all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.