Ended WASH Field Assistant Engineer (10)
Position: 10 WASH Field Assistant Engineer.
Contract Type: Service contract
Location: Sanaá/Dhamar governorates.
Reports to: Project Manager and Area Manager.
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
Under the supervision of the Civil Engineer , WASH Field Assistant Engineer is responsible for supervising the mechanical/ Civil works in the WASH project targeted districts in Sana'a/Dhamar governorate. The WASH Field Assistant Engineer will be responsible for handing over the mechanical/ Structural works, reporting on regular basis and providing the required technical support to the team and implementing contractor(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a weekly plan in line with scheduled project activities at community level.
- Verify the BoQs, drawings and specifications for the mechanical/Civil works ..
- Check the accuracy of provided information of previous studies and provide technical justifications.
- Participate in the regular meetings to review the quality and progress of the work. Prepare the required reports to the line manager (WASH Project Officer) and feedback with accurate information.
- Assist in raising PRFs and tendering process for supplies and purchases
- Working with the WASH team and engineering team implement agreed technical activities in areas such as Health Facilities rehabilitation, maintenance and repair & water supply construction,.
- Conduct field visits to monitor the progress and ensure the quality of delivered work are in compliance with specifications, international codes and standards with checking the quantities are met with approved contracted BoQs and specifications.
- Prepare the progress reports of the implementation, document the reports and archive them on regular basis.
- Issue the payment certificates for the contractor(s) based on the progress ratio of the implemented activities .
- Facilitates collaboration with stakeholders, e.g. Government extension workers, traditional leaders.
- Day-to-day support related to programmatic and coordination duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competed Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any specialty in the field ,.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- At least one year of working in civil/mechanical engineering implementation with reliable company/organization.
- Experience in working in the field within a team and supervision of contractors.
- Work experience in issuing payments certificates for contractors as per implementation progress on the ground.
- Preferable experience in working in project location.
- Preferable excellent skills of English in both written and verbal communication
- High flexibility with excellent negotiation skills in dealing with difficult and conflict situations.
- Good administrative and technical skills of people management and delivery of activities in emergencies.
- Strong ability to use computer programs including engineering software and email.
- Good background and clean history of corruption, violence or health problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and long working hours in emergencies.
- Willingness to travel and conduct extensive field visits.
Please note that Tamdeen Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Tamdeen Youth Foundation recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#9j52pIA6 no letter than 1- September -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.