Ended Protection Officer
Job site: Aden – Basateen, with frequent movement/missions to Mukalla (and Sayyoun) and Kharaz Camp
Report to: Protection Officer (expat), Refugees Project Manager South & Protection Coordinator
Supervises: NA – but supports Protection Officer (expat) in ensuring timely quality case management delivery
Program Title: Enhancing protection and assistance to refugees and asylum seekers in the Southern Region - Yemen
The Protection Officer will be responsible for supporting and monitoring the INTERSOS volunteers, social workers, and case management supervisors on protection issues. The Protection officer will have a specific focus on case management and protection monitoring, and rove between all field locations, 50% Aden (Basateen), 25% Mukalla, 25% Kharaz and Sayyoun when required.
- Undertake field visits Aden (Basateen), Kharaz and Hadramout (Mukalla and Sayyoun) to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regular monitoring of the progress of the protection project activities (with main focus, but not exclusively, on individual case management (ICM)) and report regularly to the Protection Officer (expat) and Protection Coordinator.
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with case management teams to harmonize approaches and methodologies of response, and to share challenges and best practices.
- Ensure the adequate support is provided to the IMC to deal with the serious cases, by strengthening link between Protection officer and Protection coordinator with social workers teams (CP, SGBV and PWSN).
- In accordance with the Protection officer facilitate mentoring and coaching sessions for ICM based on identified needs and gaps.
- Support the Protection officer to harmonize the ways of working in the INTERSOS field locations on ICM.
- Communicate regularly with the social workers teams for updates on achievements and challenges and report to the Protection Officer.
Individual Case management (ICM)
- Provide ongoing support to the case management teams in the 3 governorates, ensuring timely quality information flow to the Protection Officer (expat)
- Monitor and support the process of identification of SGBV, CP and PwSN cases by the social workers (SW) and Case management supervisors (CMS)
- In collaboration with the Protection officer support social workers teams to standardize the use of case management forms in accordance with all ICM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Follow and support in the delivery of any other relevant SGBV, CP and PwSN activities as required.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Monitor the quality of SGBV incident reports, BIA and BID, and of the other case management tools.
- Support the Protection officer in the study of the protection trends.
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- Minimum 2 years of working with INGO
- At least 2 years of professional experience working as case management supervisor/senior social worker, working on CP, SGBV and PwSN.
- Minimum 1 year of case management experience on SGBV
- Ability to travel throughout the South of Yemen, and to spent minimum 50% out of Aden to visit Mukalla/Sayyoun and Kharaz
- Good English language skills, reading writing and speaking
- Strong knowledge of international protection standards
- Excellent understanding of case management principles, standards and procedures
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectorial counterparts/referral pathways.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic required - knowledge of Somali language would be an asset
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 18 August 2019
- Documents to be submitted for application: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Subject reference to be used is ‘35102 – Protection Officer’