Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Department: Nutrition and Health
Duration: 5 Months
Overall Objective of Position:
Overall, responsible for the storage, management and supply chain of the drugs & therapeutic supplies in the warehouse/pharmacies and liaise with program field teams to ensure timely and appropriate management (FIFO/FEFO) of supplies to the field
Objective 1: Evaluate the quality and conditions of drugs and therapeutic supplies and ensure appropriate storage, stocking in line with national/international storage standards.
- Verify the drugs and supplies received as per the technical specification (i-e generic name or formula, dosage form) in Pharmacy or warehouse.
- Physical inspection on the quality of the medicines received (in pharmacy or warehouse) as per waybill, PR or reception note.
- To ensure proper storage of medicines by standard warehousing protocols as per Kit Log guidelines with proper record keeping (delivery note, reception note, bin card, stock card, stock register, SRO, SRF etc)
- Guide store keeper to organise medicines and equipment in pharmacy as per the routes of administration or alphabetical order.
- Timely reminds program team on near expiry (6 months as per WHO standards for the country) and manage the near expiry medicines and supplies.
- Follow up logistic team to update and maintain pharmacy and warehouse room temperature and humidity to acceptable level.
- With the help of logistic he/she needs to maintain medical storage free from accumulated waste and vermin.
- Keep space clean with tidy stacking of boxes on/in racks or pallets.
- Place a written sanitation program on frequency of cleaning and methods to be used to clean the premises and storage areas.
- Ensure the storage site is safe and adequate measures are taken to minimize the risk of fire, theft and from fire, theft
- Ensure correct storage ,stock rotation and guarantee appropriate and accurate stock control and recording all time.
Objective 2: Acquisition of medicines and disbursement of supplies and medications to the field offices/warehouses and stabilization centre warehouses.
- Plan and organize days/weeks for acquisition and supply of medicines, therapeutic supplies for the field
- Receive and consolidate all supply requests from field teams and organize with logistic/program teams for timely supply of drugs and medicines to field pharmacies or stores.
- Maintain the FIFO (first in first out) or FEFO (First expire first out) policy for all items in the ware house during supply to the field.
- Maintain regularly register book by category of medicines, by donor and programs.
- Liaise with field team if case of any expiry products remained in the field and take necessary actions for appropriate disposal.
- To Conduct frequent visits to field pharmacies/stores or supplies management and transportation of the mobile teams.
Objective 3: Reporting and record keeping
- To update and maintain bin cards as per supply
- Keep and maintain daily pharmacy register.
- Prepare and keep daily, weekly and monthly consumption documents in pharmacies, mobile teams and SCs.
- Analysis the regular consumption reports based on the case load and provide feedback to program team on regular bases.
- Provide regular updates of medical stock, drugs consumption and monthly request by the team.
- Ensure that the disbursement of supplies is on time, appropriately and record is maintained accordingly.
- Provide feedback to the program team in issues related to the drug management, expiry date, stock and monthly supply of the health facilities and mobile team.
- Sharing information with other department and proper liaison with the logistic department for better flow of supplies in and out of the warehouse.
Objective 4: Follows established national /international standard policies, procedures and objectives to ensure maintenance of quality of store management and improvement of surrounding environment.
- Set correct room temperature and level of moisture by keeping daily track record.
- Maintain the stock register and the minimum stock level of the medicines as per need.
- Ensure quality control of medicine and medical equipment in the warehouse and/or drugs held with mobile team.
- Fulfil any other tasks related to his/er work as assigned by the programme manager.
- Maintain overall activities in the main pharmacy/ warehouse
- Oversee the destruction process of expired unused medicines in line with SCI and national drugs disposal policy
- Degree /Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining to the management of medical drugs, nutritional supplies and equipment
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in the humanitarian field and health/nutrition
- Good knowledge of medical products and supplies.
- Good knowledge/skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Good team spirit and ability to work under pressure
- Good analytical capacity
- Attention to details and good numeric accuracy.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- A good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Experience in logistic, and supply chain is desirable
- Probed experience in data entry;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software;
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel;
- Special skills in Epi Info and SPSS
- Fluency in English required (written and spoken);
- Attention to detail and adherence to systems;
- Organizing capacity.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with community members and colleagues.
- Level of the position: Technician.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Hodieda” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 21-08-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.