Ended Legal Counselor Assistant
Legal Counselor Assistant
Duration: 5 Months
Reference Code : legal A#19jaw-UNHCR
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, It is mainly working in field of Education, Wash & Sanitation, Food Security, Nutrition, Health, Protection, Shelter and social empowerment in all the Governorates of Yemen We are seeking a national, highly qualified individual, to fill in legal officer position to lead the foundation and implement its vision and strategy.
- Provide legal support to the target population through legal counselling and providing legal information sessions.
- Assure the protection monitoring of human rights violations and refugees’ rights.
- Providing legal needs periodically with personal IDs and family cards and birth certificate in coordination with SRA.
- In coordination with the supervisor, support and lead the implementation of project’s activities, including protection monitoring, provision of cash transfer, NFIs distribution, provision of legal and psychosocial assistance as per the project work plan;
- Working closely with the IDPs community, to identify particularly vulnerable individuals and together with the supervisor develop strategies and means to assist them.
- Ensure that there is a wide dissemination of the risks faced by IDPs in Yemen and together with members of the community, define possible solutions to these problems.
- Conduct field visits to assess the protection needs and concerns of the target population, with particular attention to especially vulnerable persons;
- Regularly send reports on protection trends and incidents faced by IDPs and local communities;
- Maintain an excel database to ensure that statistics and other reports are produced on a timely basis;
- Compile weekly, monthly narratives and data reports on the risks faced by IDPs in Yemen.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- AOB as requested by the supervisor.
- University Degree in Law, Human Rights, International Law or related field.
- 2 years working experience in this field.
- Experience in supervising staff in challenging situations, carrying out interviews and focus group discussions, analyzing information provided and drafting reports.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; supporting a team in coordinating complex projects.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with diverse members and groups including IDPs, members of the host communities, local council members etc.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to collect and monitor data and generate relevant and accurate reports for a range of audiences
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web based communication systems.
- Excellent written and spoken English is an asset.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on YARD policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the YARD Code of Conduct and procedures at all times
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to: hr@ yard-yemen.org with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.