Ended Deputy Medical Coordinator
DEPUTY MEDICAL COORDINATOR
Position status: Full-time
Location: Based in Sanaa, with regular Field Visits
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions. Fully assuming the medical coordinator's responsibilities in case of absence.
The Deputy Medical Coordinator can:
- Support the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan
- Represent MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, negotiating with authorities when necessary
- Participate and contribute in the definition and update of the country programmes, draft project proposals, identify priority needs/other potential areas of action and emergency situations, collaborate in the production of medical reports
- Coach, train and motivate the medical teams in order to ensure all staff have the capacity to carry out their tasks and are aligned with MSF values and ethics
- Participate in the supervision and monitoring of the medical technical aspects and quality of care
- Collaborate with other departments and according to mission needs
- Assist in defining and implementing the staff health policy for national and international staff in the mission
- Ensuring the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assuming the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
Experience or knowledge of Epidemiology is an asset
Medical degree mandatory. Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset
Essential 1 year experience in relevant jobs with INGO.
English fluent. Local language fluent.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Capacity to prioritize, diversified medical knowledge, flexibility, teamwork and cooperation
Applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID, diploma to: Recruitment-Yemen.GVA@geneva.msf.org
Before 26th August 2019
Write in the subject line: Deputy Medical Coordinator 2019.08
IMPORTANT: applications without a copy of the ID card will NOT BE CONSIDERED for the recruitment