Ended Deputy Finance Coordinator
DEPUTY FINANCE COORDINATOR
Position status: Full-time
Location: Based in Sanaa, With Regular Field Visits
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Supporting the Finance Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence. As a member of the Finance coordination, is responsible for the proper implementation of MSF and local finance policies, internal control systems and legal and administrative procedures in all projects and coordination. Supports the Finance coordinator in providing timely and accurate financial information ad-hoc and proactively in order to respond to third parties requests and support internal decision making.
As a delegate of the Finance Coordinator, is responsible for the overall quality of the accounting and budget matrixes for identified projects.
- Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of the financial operational and budget needs and the financial strategy of the mission.
- Providing support in the assessment and mitigation of the financial risks at mission level.
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator in the implementation and respect of MSF policies and guidelines, ensuring they are aligned with legal requirements and within the national legal framework.
- Supporting the Accounting Manager in ensuring quality and timely accounting data for all mission
- Supporting the Field Finance Managers in all finance matters as delegated by the Finance Coordinator.
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator in drafting donor budget and reports as requested.
- Performing tasks delegated by the Finance Coordinator and replacing him/her in his/her absence
- When requested replacing other members of the capital or project finance teams during their absence
- Other duties as requested by the Finance coordinator.
- Flexible, good communication skills, work ethics and interest in Humanitarian action. Knowledge of Yemen tax policies and procedures is an asset.
- Essential degree in Economics/Finances
- Or higher vocational training in Business Administration /MBA)
- Essential two years’ experience in Finance management
- Essential two years’ experience in team management
- English essential. Local language essential
- Computer literacy (knowledge of ERP is an asset)
- Strategic Vision, Leadership, People Management and Development,
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID, diploma to:
Write in the subject line: Deputy Finance Coordinator 2019.08
IMPORTANT: applications without a copy of the ID card will NOT BE CONSIDERED for the recruitment