Supply Activity Officer
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and manmade disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for:
SUPPLY ACTIVITY OFFICER
Contract duration: 6 months, possibility of extension
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to Hierarchical: Mission Supply Manager /Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional): Supply Manager
Key of responsibilities:
- Performing the day to day activities ensuring an efficient running of the administration processes of the supply activities following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. The activities can include one or more of the following areas:
- Order Processing: Performing the day to day order processing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level)
- Purchasing: Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level)
- Transport and Customs: Performing the day to day procedures and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of goods in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) ensuring an efficient shipment of goods
- Going to the port during cargo arrival if needed.
- Loading and offloading trucks going and coming from fields.
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Performing and coordinating administrative procedures related to his/her supply activity(ies), verifying the compliance to MSF procedures, standards and protocols
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are followed to avoid stock ruptures, losses and excess stocks in the mission
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity(ies) and as specified in his/her job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in logistic, Supply chain or other related Fields.
- At least 2 years' experience in supply chain related jobs or in the logistics department
- Desirable verified understanding of MSF Field Logistics
English and Arabic.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit:
1- Cover Letter (mention the date of availability in cover letter)
. Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières France
Please send your application to email@example.com
(Please in the subject of the mail precise “Supply activity officer-Sanaa”)
Deadline for application: 21st August 2019 – 6:00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.