Ended Bank Accountant
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Duration: 5 Months
Overall Objective of Position:
Provide finance and administrative services to the base as well as accurate and regular feedbacks on financial and administrative activities to ACF Yemen Senior Management
Mission 1: Management of the bank books in the Capital
The Bank accountant is responsible for the full management of the banks books in Hodeida including: recording all transactions in bank book, ensuring bankbooks are updated, managing the monthly accounting closure and SAGA base, ensuring adequacy of all supporting documents
- Check accuracy and consistency of purchase documentation and validation before preparing payments
- Prepare payments (checks & transfers) before submitting for signature
- Enter all cash in and out transactions and all payments in and out in the bankbook: logistics payments, admin payments, transfer received and done, staff payments;
- Liaise with HR department to receive timely feedback on all disbursement related to staff
- With the help of the Cashier - Administrative assistant, codify electronic entries and physical proofs of payments;
- Close the books every month : bank reconciliations, check of supporting documents ;
- Ensure all documents are sent to the Finance technician on a monthly base
- Propose possible accounting procedure improvements and alert management on possible dysfunctions
- Translate documentation
- Saga base management (once implemented in the Capital):with the contribution of Cashier – Administrative assistant, integrate the base book on a weekly basis, liaise with Mission Accountant to maintain updated parameters in Saga, do the monthly Saga Base closure
Mission 2: Support the Finance technician on the management of the treasury
The Finance Technician is responsible for gathering the necessary information on payments done at base level and giving inputs on monthly treasury forecast
- Give inputs on the base monthly treasury forecast and respect deadlines in mailing it to management
- Monitor reception of funds from the capital
- Monitor cash level in the bank accounts, request and prepare accurate and timely cash transfers
- Alert on any issue related to cash supply and propose possible improvements
Mission 3: Support Finance technician in the general follow-up of the administration of the base
The Bank accountant is responsible for following-up any administrative issue (whether with suppliers, partners, local authorities…) to ensure that ACF always complies with internal and local rules and practices
- Help in implementing and diffusing ACF procedures toward other departments
- Work closely with logistics to follow-up and store purchase requests and supply purchase orders
- Follow up contracts and related payments
- Support audit process and filing upon request
- Comply with local legislation/ practices/ law
- Ensure good and fluid relations with internal (colleagues, other departments, HQ) and external partners (bank)
- Fill gaps of base admins on ACF bases when required
Bachelor's degree in accounting with minimum 2 years experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Previous experience in a Cashier, Accounting.
- Previous experience as a Supervisor is an asset.
- Solid communication in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Results-oriented and process-driven.
- Organizational, planning, analytical and critical skills.
- Superior attention to detail
- Computer skills: advanced command of Word and Excel.
- Integrity, honesty, and overall good attitude and team spirit.
- Experience in an INGO and familiarity with the humanitarian principles is an asset.
- Level of the position: Technician.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Hodieda” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email@example.com
or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 21-08-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.