Ended Reproductive Health Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : Reproductive Health Officer
Department : MHCP/Health/Nutrition Department
Location : Alkhokha
Duration: Until 30th November 2019 (Renewable)
Assignment: The Reproductive Health Officer is a member of the health team, and will be responsible for supporting and supervising a team of midwives implementing Reproductive Health activities in health facilities and community levels according to the ACF work plans. She will work together with Sr. Health and Nutrition Officer (SHNO) and health & nutrition team to ensure the improved quality of the project’s activities e.g. family planning, ANC/PNC, maternal and neonatal care, case management of sexually transmitted diseases, post abortion care and Management of MAM among PLW and provision IYCF practices.
Objective 1: contribute in the planning for and Management of reproductive health activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Regularly update reproductive health plan and monitoring tools and maintain database for tracking progress and effectively delivering reproductive health activities in target areas.
- Under guidance of Deputy Health PM contribute in Management of the emergency reproductive health program including the provision of technical support, training and capacity building, representation and control in the resources.
- participate effectively in the plan for periodical meeting such as monthly meeting with midwifes and health & nutrition staff
Objective 2: Ensure smooth implementation and proper functioning of reproductive health services provision
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance about of RH program implementation to MoH, ACF staff and outreach staff/volunteers at targeted health facilities and community level.
- Maintain an overview of reproductive health related developments and contribute to assessing reproductive health needs of mothers in emergencies; contribute to H&N program development & learning.
- Maintain and provide all health facilities by reproductive health documents related to standards, practices and policies
- Work with Health and Nutrition Program staff to develop work plans to guide implementation of the program. Support the Field teams in the implementation and monitoring of the work plans ensuring that activities reflect the commitments ACF made to the donor and the community.
- Work with health program staff to periodically monitor the quality of RH care in SCI health facilities using standard quality of care tools based on Sphere Minimum standards and WHO guidelines and ensure the midwifes working accordingly.
- Close supervision for reproductive health activities in the health facilities level.
- Participate in training needs assessments of project staff and partners, and planning and implementation of training activities. This will include coordinating training workshops, and where appropriate, delivering or facilitating specific sessions or topics.
- Advocate and guide health workers/counsellors to facilitate IYCF counselling sessions during each distribution day in the health facilities for the caretakers, PLWs
Objective 3: Information management, reporting and coordination
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Generate timely high quality reports, program briefings, presentations, publications and IEC materials; maintain RH grant files, RH photo-gallery and documentation of success stories from the field
- In coordination with field teams, conduct assessments of structural facilities, staff, and communities to determine obstacles and challenges in accessing and addressing RH care needs.
- Work with deputy health manager on development of easy and user-friendly data collection tools, and ensure that data is analyzed, interpreted and used appropriately.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Represent Action Contre la faim at Reproductive health working group meetings or other relevant forum, when required.
Objective 4: collaboration and coordination
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration and coordination with existing partners in terms nutrition and health at field levels.
- Provide technical support to CHVs, health facilities’ staffs when required.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as may occasionally be required to ensure the smooth
- Functioning of the Health & Nutrition department.
- Qualified Nurse or Midwife or Physician with professional experience
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2-year experience in the field with Knowledge and experience in ANC/PNC.
- nutrition and health project implementation (CMAM) preferred Good Humanitarian spirit,
- Knowledge on complication during pregnancy and counselling skills.
- Ability to use fluently the CMAM protocols and record data.
- Ability to read, write and understand English is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and react according to evolving context/situation
- Level of the position: Technical 2
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Whatsapp to : 716322214 latest by 21st August 2019.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.