Cashier / Finance Assistant
Deadline: 19 Aug 2019
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Vacancy: Cashier / Finance Assistant
Duration: One Year renewable
Summary of Position
The Cashier / Finance Assistant is responsible for
- Performing general Financial duties
- Assisting Accountant and Finance Officer with his/her tasks as instructed
Based in Aden, Yemen, the Cashier / Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Officer. S/He will provide administrative and Financial support for Search projects.
Key Required Skills
- Administrative and Financial experience.
- Previous experience in project management financial cycle.
- Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organizational and file management skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask different tasks simultaneously.
- Controlling and monitoring cash payments from the cashbox and coding and recording cash transactions in the daily cashbook or accounting system,
- Performing daily cash counts and investigating any discrepancies
- Carrying out transfer requests between cash and safe box.
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval signatories, and correctness of account codes.
- Performing monthly reconciliations before closing the monthly accounts, managing bank reconciliations and monthly bank statements if applicable.
- Assist in maintaining filing systems and other related documents for Finance & Administration to ensure an adequate control system for monitoring the fund’s expenditure.
- Ensure accuracy of all invoices, payments, vouchers and receipts together with their supporting documents.
- Maintain accurate financial and accounting files and transactions.
- Maintain proper filling system for all financial and accounting documents.
- Complete the PAID stamp on documents for the FA system.
- Scan documents for the FA system by the kofax.
- Purchases office supplies and cleaning/kitchen supplies within set value limits and ensures that adequate supplies are available.
- Prepare the petty cash request for Petty Cash Replenishment.
- Handle day-to-day petty cash.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- University certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office especially Exel).
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English languages.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Qualified candidates may submit their application, complete Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter to https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1689
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
For more information on Search, including its core values and competencies, please visit Search website at www.sfcg.org