Deadline: 19 Aug 2019
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Duration: One Year renewable
Summary of Position
The accountant is responsible for
- Performing general Financial duties
- Assisting Financial and Administrative Manager and Finance Officer with his/her tasks as instructed
Based in Aden, Yemen, the Accountant will report to the Finance Officer. S/He will provide administrative and Financial support for Search projects.
Key Required Skills
- Administrative and Financial experience.
- Previous experience in project management financial cycle.
- Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organizational and file management skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask different tasks simultaneously.
- Implements directives and instructions of the FO.
- Assists in recording daily expenses of the Organization.
- Assists in the preparation and review of Travel Expense Vouchers (TEVs), Travel Authorizations‘ documnets and activity expenses.
- Assists in maintaining filing systems and other related documents for Finance to ensure adequate control for fund’s expenditure.
- Provides financial support and guidance to the technical staff.
- Reviews advance settlements and purchase requests.
- Maintains subcontracts files, staff and consultants‘ files.
- Assists in the preparation and review of workshops‘ budgets.
- Prepares all payments vouchers while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Ensures accuracy of all invoices, payments, vouchers and receipts together with their supporting documents, and accurately input them in the accounting system as appropriate.
- Assists in bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations.
- Prepares and arranges for bank withdrawals and transfers and presents them for verification.
- Makes all approved payments.
- Undertakes timely analysis and submission or filing of all financial documentation.
- Maintains accurate financial and accounting files and transactions.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports, budgets and budget monitoring for projects.
- Assists in accounting procedures’ reviews to ensure compliance with all the applicable accounting laws and statutory regulations, and Search policy requirements.
- Monitors bank payment requests in a daily basis and ensures the supporting documents and authorized approval are obtained.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office especially Excel).
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English languages.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Qualified candidates may submit their application, complete Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter to https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1688
- Selection will be made on a rolling basis.
- Only those candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
For more information on Search, including its core values and competencies, please visit Search website at www.sfcg.org