Ended Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Position Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- The Organization
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Vacancy: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Duration: One Year renewable
Summary of Position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of the projects’ activities and ensuring the overall program quality for Search’s country program in Yemen. S/he will monitor and evaluate the implementation of all project activities; and work closely with the program’s team to provide any feedback and observations as well as reporting the achieved results. S/he will also lead on collecting all the required data from the field and report on the program’s framework and the required project’s donor reports. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for reviewing the third party evaluation consultant's baseline and end-line evaluation tools and reports for the projects implemented in Yemen.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will report directly to The DME Manager and is responsible for the following:
Role and Responsibilities:
1.Grant and/or Program Management Support
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities.
2. System Development
- Support M&E Manager in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Support the M&E Manager in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Assist Program staff and the M&E Manager in clarifying project information needs.
- support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Manager (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators)
3. Data Management and Analysis
- Keep tracking the developments in the program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the M&E Manager.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Conduct surveys when necessary and collect surveys data and provide analysis to the M&E manager.
- Support the M&E Manager to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations
4. Communication and Reporting
- Support M&E Manager in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time.
- Assist Program Development/Grants Management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Required Qualifications
- University degree in Social Development, Development, Economics or Performance Management or another relevant field.
- Three years of professional experience at the national and/or international level in related fields of work within Non-Governmental Organizations
- Excellent command in English and Arabic languages
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt message to culturally diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of the organization’s mandate and its programs and activities.
- Good analytical skills.
- Very good knowledge of computer applications for information collection, management and dissemination. Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
Send a cover letter and current resume to our employment website here:
- Selection will be made on a rolling basis.
- Only those candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- This position will close on August 26th 2019. We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.