Ended Procurement and Logistic Officer
Tamdeen Youth Foundation is a leading non-profit, & non-governmental humanitarian agency with a mission to fighting poverty and hunger, assisting people in crisis-affected areas and contributing effectively in promoting the sustained peace and developing local communities
Tamdeen Youth Foundation would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position: Procurement and Logistic Officer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Application Deadline: September 1 , 2019
General Position Summary
The Logistics Officer will be responsible for, and accountable for the delivery of procurement & logistics activities in TYF Head office in accordance with TYF's policies & procedures and donor requirements. He/she will effectively and efficiently support operations systems, processes and activities so that programs are delivered on time according to organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Documentation & Compliance:
Ensure that all Procurement & Logistics related activities in TYF Head office are well documented, are in compliance to all operations frameworks and set down policies and procedures by:
- Ensuring that all procurement requests and subsequent documentation are approved in line with the Country Approval Authority Matrix.
- Ensuring that the right solicitation procedures are followed for the different procurement thresholds and all ensuing documentations relating to procurement amicably filed.
- Ensuring that the evaluation and selection criteria is appropriately executed and documented as outlined in field procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the right and appropriate contract is prepared, reviewed and duly approved upon selection of a vendor/supplier.
- Ensuring that all documentation and correspondences arising out of any procurement related transaction is appropriately documented and incorporated in the corresponding procurement file.
- Ensuring that all contracts, leases, agreements etc. are properly filed and tracked, valid and up to date.
- Ensuring fleet management complies with TYF standards through appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles (and generators) and servicing & maintenance schedules are constantly adhered to.
- Ensuring the validity and availability of all vehicle documents (Insurance, Log sheets, Fuel Coupons, Trip Tickets etc.).
- Maintaining administrative Fleet files (for each Vehicle & Generator), ensuring they are constantly up to date and oversee archiving of logistics related files/documents.
- Ensuring that all contracts related to logistics are tracked, valid and up to date e.g. Fleet Rental Agreements, Fleet Maintenance Agreement etc.
- Ensure that warehouse activities are implemented in compliance with TYF policies & procedures.
- Conduct spot check visits to warehouses to verity any deviations, damages, or lose, and report the results to the Operations Manager.
- Assists, as needed in training staff on warehouse policies and forms.
- Conducting bi annual refresher trainings and participate in inducting new staff on all fleet management policies and procedures.
- Assisting the Operations Manager to implement any outstanding Logistics related audit recommendations
Reporting & Records Management
Ensure that all procurement and logistics records are properly kept and all reports submitted in a timely manner and managed in the most cost – effective and efficient way by being responsible for monitoring, collating, analyzing and compiling the following reports:
- Maintaining and regularly updating the price list.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the supplier database.
- Maintaining, keeping up-to-date and sharing monthly procurement trackers, showing the current status of the requested items and the date which they are expected to be supplied.
- Generating any other procurement related reports upon request.
- Maintain Warehouse Activities documentation and database.
- Monthly Fleet Analysis Reports.
- Monthly Fuel Consumption Analysis Reports.
- Monthly Movement Schedules & Submission Reports.
- Monthly Logistics Vendor Payments Tracking Reports.
- Monthly Security Incident Reports.
- Monthly Warehouse Stock Record /Grant Stock Record
Internal & External Business Partnerships:
Ensure that the procurement and logistics function works better together with both internal and external stakeholders by:
- Following up with requestors for documentations upon acceptance/receipt of goods and services (i.e Goods received Notes, Service Completion Reports etc.).
- Following up with requestors for to ensure that Payment Requests are done on a timely manner for goods or services completed.
- Following up with Finance department on outstanding payments files and procurement documents under financial review.
- Assisting requestors to indicate correct specifications on their procurement requests before solicitation.
- In liaison with Operations Manager, ensure that Procurement plans from Program Managers for all new and existing grants are provided and followed through during their duration.
- Internally coordinating, liaising and collaborating with other support functions (HR, Finance) to effectively provide support to program implementation.
- Assisting Program and operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings.
- Managing procurement related external communications with vendors/suppliers in liaison with the Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Advanced University degree required, preferably in logistics, procurement or related field, with demonstrated experience in procurement & logistics and administration in Yemen.
- At least three (3) years of progressive experience with at least two (2) years’ experience with an international NGO in the areas of procurement and logistics
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple staff and coordinate operations activities
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results;
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement and logistics systems and procedures donor/client-funded projects in Yemen.
- Previous experience working in programs funded by USAID, UN, EC, and other donors preferred
- Strong computer skills in basic, office programs.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; and
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Please note that Tamdeen Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Tamdeen Youth Foundation recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#d54gYGuW
no letter than 1 -9 -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.