Ended Procurement Assistant
Tamdeen Youth Foundation is a leading non-profit, & non-governmental humanitarian agency with a mission to fighting poverty and hunger, assisting people in crisis-affected areas and contributing effectively in promoting the sustained peace and developing local communities
Tamdeen Youth Foundation would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position: Procurement Assistant
Contract Type: Service Contract
Application Deadline: September 1 , 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily coordination of TYF procurement activities;
- Has a full understanding of TYF procurement policies and formats. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by Operations Officer – as per TYF standards and formats;
- Interact with Vendors during collection of quotations – explain TYF formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to TYF procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described below:
- Always accord prompt and courteous reception and fair and equal treatment to all vendors/suppliers and their representatives.
- Provide equal opportunity for vendors/suppliers to make price and specification quotations.
- Guarantee the confidentiality of all specifications and price quotations made by vendors/suppliers.
- Decline to take advantage of vendors/suppliers’ errors, and show consideration for vendors/suppliers’ difficulties by co-operating with them whenever possible.
- Avoid subjecting vendors/suppliers to needless expense or inconvenience when requesting quotations or returning goods.
- Explain as clearly and fully as possible to vendors/suppliers the reason(s) for the rejection of their bids/proposals.
- Remain scrupulously free of obligations to any vendor/supplier.
- Remain informed about sources of supply, methods, services and materials and encourage vendors/suppliers to test and develop improved or expanded products and services.
- Inform vendors/suppliers about current and anticipated requirements.
- If, for any reason, one vendor/supplier is permitted to re-quote (submit a revised quotation), all competitors should be given the same opportunity. Re-quoting should be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Program & Operations Manager;
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to TYF standards.
- Assist the Operations management and office staff with procurement activities, as required;
- Assists Operations Management with asset management. Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets.
- The Procurement Assistant will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to TYF and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned .
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree required, preferably in procurement or related field, with demonstrated experience in procurement administration in Yemen.
- At least two (2) years of progressive experience with at least one (1) years’ experience with an international NGO in the areas of procurement and logistics
- Demonstrated ability to manage office related tasks.
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results;
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills in basic, office programs.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; and
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Very good in project control and management.
Please note that Tamdeen Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Tamdeen Youth Foundation recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#X0n6kr5d
no letter than 1 -9 -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.