Ended Finance Officer
- Managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in field office.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Liaison with Logistics, Administration and Medical, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Preparer a bank reconciliation for field office and send it to main office by 3rd of every month.
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues.
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty
- Forward to the payroll Administrator every month, an outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7 for recovery. Ensure that advances taken in a given month are liquidated appropriately.
- Conduct a time sheet audit for field office from time to time.
- Serve as technical resource person for the accounting department.
- Supervise all activities done daily in the Accounts department.
a. Review all Pos and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
b. In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review with the objective of gaining a clear understanding budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Finance Manager/Assistant Finance Controller.
- Assist in budget preparation at the field level.
a. Communicate with Finance main office on security issues within the office and outside the office
b. Report to the Finance Manager any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions with a minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience .Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6144
Deadline for Applying: August 25, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.