Ended Medical Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse)
Job Title: Medical Supply Chain Assistant (warehouse)
Department: Operations/Supply Chain and Health
Location: Yemen | Abyan
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) n/a
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
The Medical Supply Chain Assistant (warehouse) is required to provide support to enable the smooth completion of inventory/stock-related tasks in the warehouse particular to work closely with the medical team and ensure effective management of the medical and nutrition items. In addition, the staff may need to support in distributions, program setup and management of drugs and medical equipment and other warehouse stock. This post may also be required to deputize for the Pharma officer when required.
- Assist in ensuring that IRC minimum standards of inventory procedures and country policies are adhered to to allow effective reporting of stock levels and complete regular stock checks.
- Closely coordinate with the Procurement and central warehouse teams to ensure supply chain is well managed and stock-outs avoided for Health and Nutrition activities.
- Track local and international orders and communicate status to health and nutrition teams.
- Assist in ensuring stock management procedures are in place including up to date and accurate stock records, all supporting documents for stock movements; systems for monitoring stock movements and regular physical stock-takes and management checks.
- Monitor stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
- Maintain up-to-date control of all supplies including Pharma Inventory Tool, values and locations, manage issuing supplies, and record all stock movements and disposals.
- Liaise closely will programs for distribution planning and coordinate the loading/unloading of stocks in a timely and efficient manner from warehouse to distribution points.
- Ensure warehouse is appropriate for use, clean, well maintained and secure.
- Report stock inventories on a regular basis and liaise with the Supply Chain Manager and Pharma Officer to monitor and track ongoing and historical supply chain pipeline against targets.
- When necessary, deputizing for the Pharma Officer.
- Boost logistics capacity of the program teams by supporting program bases remotely and, if necessary, with on-site visits as directed by officers.
- Maintain the filing system in hard form as defined by IRC or as directed by SCM/SCC/Pharma Officer along with must have scan/digital records.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Officer (SCO) – Abyan, Pharma Warehouse Officer in Aden
Position directly supervises: Causal workers or as directed
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration, Health, Nutrition, Finance and international staff.
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Business Administration, Supply Chain in relevant field
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Fresh Graduate from reputed institute (in Pharmacy 2017-2019)
- Experience in logistics, procurement, or related field (preferred)
- Strong ability to prioritize work under pressure, maintain attention to details, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility. Energetic, with great communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and professional patience.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and use of Internet
Position Based: Lawder
Performance and Success factors:
- Strong coordination with Program, procurement and warehouse Teams.
- Paperwork and filing (organization), timely forwarding of cargo with appropriate paperwork.
- Presentation and accuracy in reporting, flexibility and resilience, warehouse is well managed as per IRC standards, records are organized and available when needed, records are available in systematic orders and accessible all the time, regular physical stock counts.
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=4989
Deadline for Applying: August 25, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.