Ended Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: SANAA, Yemen
Application Deadline: 20 – August – 2019
Responsible to: General Manager
Manages: Account Manager, Financial Officers, Cashiers, Warehouse Officer
Contract Type: Temporary
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender-based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
Providing the work policies with all work plans to reach the targeted objectives with providing a communication channel between the management and the sector with supervising the implementation of all financial department duties, & spending rationalization with funds collection for a professional decision making and accounts information in accounts extraction with reports accurate preparing for accurate management decisions.
- Assisting the top management in specifying the goals accurately with a strategic plan preparing & the main policies for the org. with participating in all organization decisions.
- Supervising all organization’s financial department’s executive plans with following & development of the plans.
- Providing all necessary proposals for the financial department and organization chart.
- Preparing the projected budgets and final accounts and financial reports to be submitted during the first two months of the new fiscal year as a maximum and monthly working on the detailed monthly and periodic budget.
- Working on financial department employees’ skill development with providing the right training opportunities and cooperation in executing their important, complex or evolving tasks and solving work problems
- Providing all employees related reports & ensuring that all employees performance records filled with the annual reports & the progress of the financial department to improve the performance of the department.
- Monitor bank balances on a daily basis by writing the balance on the check receipt
- Insuring the implementation of the internal procedure for the financial operations with the accuracy of the financial system implementation for all operations.
- Revising & analyzing all accounting results for the inspection of the financial centers periodically with preparing comparing reports periodically.
- Review the bank and cash settlements sent by the financial officer monthly
- Following the ending accounts with the financial reports issued by the accounts department.
- Monitoring the financial procedures related to revenue transactions, & collection of funds, supervision of expenditures, organization compliance records, charges, remittances and financial orders according to the level specified by the laws and financial regulations adopted.
- Supervising the budget preparing for the organization needs in human resources with all other tech. needs and any other needs.
- Knowledge management participating according to the need of the work.
- Organization on projects administrative and operational expenses management and distribution.
- Financial regulations of the organization update and Review to ensure their application by the financial management team.
- estimated budgets of the proposals preparing to be submitted to the donors.
- communicating with the external auditors with the assistance of the internal auditor.
- Preparing the monthly evaluation for the financial department team.
- Approving all disbursement operations and applications.
- monitoring all projects deviations & supervising the financial statements prepared by the accountants.
- Analyzing gaps between planned budgets and actual expenditures and providing appropriate justification for such gaps.
- Following up on assets management and registration and ensuring the completeness of its documents.
- Supervising the annual inventory of the assets of the organization and keeping the ownership documents or any other documents related to financial affairs.
- Any other required duties according to the job requirements.
Education and Experience:
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in relevant field (e.g. Audit, Finance, Management, International Development, etc.) CIA ACCA، CPA is preferred
- 7 years working experience with NGOs in Finance Management.
- 3 years’ experience in Audit, Compliance and/or Risk is preferred with background in Risk Analysis.
Specific skills for the post:
- Familiarity with the different types of instruments (Grants, Contracts, sub-awards, etc.)
- Familiarity various business controls (HR, Finance, Procurement, I.T, Program)
- Familiarity with various donor rules and regulations is a plus.
- Familiarity with various Yemen laws and regulations is a plus.
- Proven experience working in complex environment.
- Senior-level managerial experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively at a professional level.
- Demonstrates experience in building from scratch, complex Financial strategies.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing. (
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please apply by clicking the following link;
Deadline to send your application: 20.August.2019, Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.