Ended Field Assistant (5)
Position: Field Assistant (5)
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: Till December 31, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The overall role of the Field Assistant is to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate different project activities in close coordination. He/she is also responsible for the registration, training, delivering inputs to beneficiaries, in addition to ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality. Field Assistant will perform in the field to promote community participation in different project activities.
The “Field Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assists in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data.
- Raise awareness on positive through a simple information and education campaign that will promote essential nutrition messages with a focus on pregnancy, infant and young child feeding practices, conduct health and nutrition awareness raising activities in the field according to awareness work plan.
- Mobilize for creating community committees in the target areas according a request from the field coordinator.
- Collect potential lists from community committees after being approved by local authorities of the concerned districts.
- Monitors the distribution of the food vouchers at Vouchers Distribution point and at vendors’ point, as well as to document the distribution process under the supervision of the Field Coordinator.
- Monitors voucher exchange in local stores and ensure compliance to project regulations.
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Submit reports of distributions assigned to him according to formats of EALAAF project on a timely manner to the Field Coordinator.
- Write success stories of beneficiaries.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by his/her supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferable or high school.
- A minimum of one-year experience working with humanitarian organization is preferred.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have computer skills: Microsoft word, excel and able to use the internet.
- Very committed to work with self-motivation skills and spirit of teams work.
- Ability to work under pressure and spend days in remote areas of activities.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, August 19, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.