Ended Procurement Officer
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duty Station: Aden
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps is implementing a Health, Nutrition and WASH programs in Yemen.
The Procurement Officer will be involved in processing all types of purchases against purchase requests assigned to him/her after initial entry in the online procurement tracking sheet. The procurement officer will ensure that procurement activities initiated by him/her are completed as per SLA lead time and deliveries against orders are made at the required destination without any delays. The procurement officer will be responsible to cover Senior Logistics Officer role in his/her absence making sure that the program and other functionaries requests are entertained without any delays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Procurement Officer will be responsible to initiate quick sourcing of goods and services against requests assigned to him/her by the senior logistics/procurement officer ensuring compliance.
- Obtain quotations from the market against request for quotations following approved steps as outlined in the procurement manual.
- Assists program teams and support staff on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation i.e. BoQs for Blanket Purchase Agreements etc.
- Prepare the necessary documentation related to procurement comes under tenders and payments as per International MC standard guidelines.
- Maintain filing both in hard and soft forms for all ongoing procurement activities and complete Purchase Requests with all the supporting documents as the IMC standard practices.
- Ensure the timely and well-documented delivery of supplies to IMC respective CO and field offices in close coordination with the field based logistics/warehouse officers.
- Coordinate with the suppliers for any substandard shipments against orders i.e. inadequate, broken, lower quality and items not meeting the required criteria as outlined in the PO/WO.
- Process payments quickly upon receipt of GRN making sure that finance has acknowledged the receipt for tracking purposes.
- Assist senior logistics/procurement officer in launching new Blanket Purchase Agreements at CO level.
- Update Online Procurement Tracking Sheet (PTS), vender online registration, and item catalogue in the absence of procurement reporting assistant.
- Help senior logistics/procurement officer in preparing list of new items to be included in the item catalogue.
- Assist nominated committee members in conducting an accurate market surveys when needed.
- Participate in the tender opening/evaluation meeting sessions and support tender committee in case of any clarification.
- Enter required information in the comparative bid analysis sheet for onward sharing with the tender committee to complete technical evaluation.
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to the line manager highlighting priorities, issues, and challenges.
- Undertakes any other role as may be delegated by the line management in compliance with International Medical Corps policies.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to: Senior Logistics/Procurement Officer
directly supervise: non
Requirements: (Educational Qualification and Experience)
- Bachler degree or related field with at least 2-year experience serving in an international NGO managing complex emergency and procurement activities.
- Experience in national and international procurement.
Key qualities, Skills and Competences:
Familiar with donor guidelines; USAID/OFDA, ECHO, etc.
- Excellent team leader and builder, communicator, facilitator and trainer.
- Demonstrated management skills to deal with a myriad of tasks.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with an international country team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations outside Aden and live in sometimes-basic conditions.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and Database.
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication, negotiation and training skills.
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences:
- Ability and experience in change management, including implementing new systems
- Experience of managing Procurement related issues in insecure/hostile environments.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
If you are interested please send your CV to IMC-AdenHR@InternationalMedicalCorps.org
You need to write the title of the position you apply for it in the "email subject line"