Ended Head of Mission
POSITION: HEAD OF MISSION
JOB LOCATION: Taiz - Yemen
REPORTING TO: Saba Relief and Development foundation UK (SRDF)
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage main office staff
Deadline: 20 September 2019
SABA Relief and Development Foundation is a non-profit registered charity in the UK that is exclusively focused on supporting the needy in Yemen.
Since the charity was established, in 2012, our representatives have visited Yemen and witnessed first-hand the humanitarian crisis there. After assessing the situation in the country they began identifying the projects that SABA Relief can support and implement in order to make a positive difference on the ground. As a result of this, as well as the generous contributions from our donors, we now coordinate mobile medical clinics, water projects, orphan sponsorships, a school bag scheme, a homeless project, a winter distribution project, a family food pack project, Eid gifts and we run an annual Udhiya campaign.
In order to reach people directly, SABA Relief has also established an office in Taiz, Yemen, which is run by local staff.
SABA Relief and Development Foundation’s sole goal is to alleviate the poverty and suffering faced by populations in Yemen. We achieve this by delivering immediate aid during emergencies as well as implementing and supporting projects of sustainable development on the ground.
- Reporting to Saba Relief UK
- Representative at Governorate level, management and coordination with all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of all SRY projects in Yemen
- The Head of Mission will oversee all humanitarian projects in Yemen and will be responsible with his staff to develop projects and identity gaps for intervention.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Recruitment, supervise and capacity building of staff
- Supervise and manage contracts of the buildings / vehicle / warehouses etc
- Supervise the budgetary, financial and administrative functions of the SRY
- Facilitate timely submission of all the required reports (donor and internal reports) and documentation to head office
- Maintained a close liaison with local authorities for smooth implementation of project.
- Represent SRY in sub cluster forums, local authorities, community leaders, Government authorities, line ministries, national and international organizations, NGOs, voluntary agencies in the governorate to promote positive image of SRY
- Join programme staff in undertaking appropriate need assessments, identify gaps and collaborate with sector specific staff in designing new integrated interventions as appropriate to address the identified need.
- Conduct weekly meeting with all program staff to discuss the achievements, lessons learnt, operational challenges/constraints and finding timely viable solution for smooth projects’ implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications;
- Must be a graduate in development studies or social sciences.
- A proven record of designing, monitoring & implementing emergency and development program.
- Good understanding of development and relief issues as well as appreciation of cultural and social differences.
- Excellent networking, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Flexible & Patient. Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
If you are interested Please send your CV and Cover letter to: