Ended Field Associate
Title of Position: Field Associate
Contract Type: UNOPS
Category / Level: LICA 6
Entry on Duty: ASAP
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2019 (Renewable)
Location: FO Sana'a
Date of Issue: 29 August 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 11 September 2019
The Field Associate is normally supervised by the (Snr) Field Officer or Head of Office and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The Field Associate may supervise some General Service support staff.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information, to establish understanding of respective needs; to ensure provision of services and resolution of problems and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
Accountability: (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Monitor the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Authority: (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills;
- Excellent in English and Arabic languages.
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- UNHCR field experience.
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Associate HR Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).