Organizational Unit: Migrant Assistance
Duty Station: Multiple locations (Sa’ada, Al-Hudaydah, Al-Wadeiah, Marib, Al-Bayda, Lahj , Bab al-Mandeb, Taiz, Ibb, Al Dhalee, Abyan,Aden, Al-Mahara, Shabwah)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) hourly contract, 3 Months
SVN No.: CFCV2019/ 142
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the supervision of the Reception Centre Coordinator (RCC), undertake distributions to identified beneficiaries based on needs and final distribution lists
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Attend IOM training (3 days) in qualitative data collection, and use the lessons provided in the training.
- Visit selected locations and conduct household interviews, using the information and methods provided in the training.
- Be able to build rapport with Key Informants and households from various communities.
- Assure the quality of qualitative data collection by taking extensive written notes.
- Perform any other such duties assigned by direct supervisor.
- Be responsible to respect assessment and survey deadlines as per supervisor request
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with one year of relevant experience performing the same responsibilities
- Experience in qualitative data collection, including engaging in discussions and using questionnaires
- Ability to build rapport with Key Informants
- Knowledgeable about Code of Conduct of UN employees, humanitarian principles and respect for diversity.
IOM values geographic diversity and encourages candidates from the following governorates:
- (Sa’ada, Al-Hudaydah, Al-Wadeiah, Marib, Al-Bayda, Lahj , Bab al-Mandeb, Taiz, Ibb, Al Dhalee, Abyan,Aden, Al-Mahara, Shabwah)
- Fluency in Arabic and Amharic or Oromo is required. Multi-lingual is an advantage, English, Oromo, Amharic, Tigrina, Somali speakers encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to
indicating position applied on subject line by 15th September , 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019/142 Enumerator (Migrant Assistance)
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 29.August.2019 until 05.September.2019