Ended Roving Reproductive Health Program Coordinator
Roving Reproductive Health Program Coordinator- Country Office
Under supervision of reproductive health Advisor, the Reproductive health program coordinator will be a crucial part of a team responsible and accountable for Ensuring the effective management and development of a reproductive health one-year project through regular monitoring, review and evaluation and within the framework of the overall emergency programme strategy. Monitoring and , strengthen response mechanisms for reproductive health problems and assess the need for additional reproductive health activities. Provide training, capacity building and technical support to Save the Children staff, partners and government authorities on the planning, implementation and management of the emergency family planning , and reproductive health services Design and participate in required assessments for reproductive health ( FP ) Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing reproductive health program strategies Contribute to proposal development in area of health in general and reproductive health specifically. Produce high quality reports for Save the Children and donors within agreed reporting schedules as required. Document programme learning, ensuring it is fed into organisational advocacy.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the implementation of high quality FP program activities in line with grant agreements and with SC technical requirements.
- Monitor progress of FP activities against planned achievements, outcomes and impact; evaluate the continued relevance and appropriateness of the intervention.
- Manage FP budget lines for program activities and ensure appropriate spend.
- Ensure that the FP progress reports and relevant donor reports are timely, of high quality and serve to inform management decisions.
- Plan and implement FPactivities ensuring that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified.
- Identify and ensure the timely supply of technical inputs as required for program delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring that program activities are properly resourced.
- Provide technical and managerial guidance and support for all field sites and RH officer.
- Identify issues that need timely action and support from other departments or other offices within SC.
- Provide necessary technical training and develop appropriate technical guidelines and materials for SC and partner staff.
- Oversee partner activities ensuring regular monitoring visits and timely feedback and follow up on financial and narrative report.
- Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing reproductive health program strategies.
- Contribute to proposal development in area of health in general and reproductive health specifically.
- Lead, manage and motivate staff under direct line management, ensuring that they have
- clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Liaise with other implementing partners and local authorities to maximize collaboration and ensure proper coordination of activities.
- Attend inter-departmental meetings.
- Ensure effective program integration in the areas of intervention .
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective partnerships with NGOs and government counterparts.
- To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post graduate master’s degree on Gynaecology or public health or bachelor degree on medicines and 2+ years management experience of running complex multi grant health and nutrition programme , both in emergency and normal circumstances
- Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
- Experience staff training and capacity building of national structures.
- A very good understanding of at least of key technical areas of reproductive health programming .
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to children.
- Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. .
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities in political and militarily sensitive environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
To apply please click on the link below:
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.