Ended Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
JOB TITLE: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer-Senior (MEAL) Officer
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Ibb/Taiz(Hawban)- Yemen.
JOB FAMILY: Programme
SALARY: as per salary grade
LEVEL: D1 National
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with Oxfam staff to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: Delivers Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) support for Ibb & Al-Hawban’s Offices projects.
To lead MEAL issues in Oxfam Yemen, Ibb & Al-Hawban’s office, to be responsible for the leading, coordinating, planning, monitoring and support for interventions to ensure effective and efficient, to implementation according to the donor strategy to meet the project objectives. Moreover, ensuring monitoring, learning, program quality and accountability (MEAL) in respect of Core Humanitarian Standards as well as CAMSA minimum requirement. And work closely with the field programme teams, Other INGOs, Cluster members, partners and other local agencies and key line-local Government officials.
Post holder reports to: Programme Quality & MEAL Coordinator, Sana’a, Yemen.
Staff reporting to this post: MEAL Officer and Assistants/Data Management Assistants
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
• Work pattern is a mixture of proactive and project work.
• Required to make sound judgements regularly within agreed processes using a good understanding of the team and the abilities of the team.
• Communication largely with internal staff (including internationally) also with some external contacts/target audiences to support operational work.
• Communication with Oxfam’s scale up team in different locations.
• Assist the technical team for quality delivery of the programme, building accountability and documenting learning.
Reporting, Assessments/ Surveys and Evaluations
• Maintaining updated record of all electronic and hard copy files on program reports, government and donor at filed office level in consultation with program reporting assistant and communication.
• Assist the program manager in preparing internal progress reports and any other reports
• Provide technical support on methodology and implementation to sectors conducting surveys/assessments
• Review survey questionnaires for relevancy and potential bias
• Update Program monitoring tools for all sectors on monthly basis.
• Analyse survey data for potential errors
• Assist in preparation of TOR for external survey consultants in consultation with Programme Quality & MEAL Coordinator at the main office.
• Monitor the quality of implementation including vetting the processes of how programs are implemented and ensure accountability standards are fully met
• Review all survey reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency
• Review and standardize data collectors training to ensure high quality data collection
• Timely plan and initiate all pre-and post-intervention assessments, KAP surveys when needed
• In conjunction with EFSL & WASH technical team leaders and other program team, develop evaluation design, including specification of the necessary staff and resources to conduct the evaluation
• For internal evaluations coordinate necessary staff and resources to conduct evaluation
• For external evaluations prepare TOR for evaluation consultants when needed
• Review all evaluation reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency
• Review of all projects implementation against Oxfam’s accountability standards.
Tools Development and Data Management
• Control the quality of quarterly and monthly MEAL reports based on agreed indicators to guide decision making
• Work with each technical head to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments
• Assist programs team with data collection and management within each sector.
Capacity building, Networking and Representation
• In consultation and collaboration with PQ & MEAL Coordinator assist to build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected.
• Attending Coordination forums that includes humanitarian accountability
• Keep abreast of new MEAL tools and approaches and share with OXFAM MEAL team, programme team
• Facilitate capacity building for staff to enable them monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant data and produce required progress reports.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• Degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Demography or related discipline, Public health with MEAL experience
• At least 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably with a non-government organization.
• Knowledge on humanitarian accountability and understanding of the current accountability initiatives.
• Experience in analysing data
• Knowledge on research and data collection methods and familiarity with statistical tools such as SPSS, KOBO and others (at least two).
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment
• Knowledge of project area is required
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail
• Fully computer literate with working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications.
To view the full job description and to apply for this job please click the following link: