Ended BSFP Field Distribution Monitor (Ibb)
Job Title: BSFP Field Distribution Monitor
No of position: 1
Deadline: 14th September 2019
Contract Type: Special Service Contract
Duration: Seven months. Extension will be based on performance.
Duty Station: Based in Ibb governorate with extensive presence in the field in the districts of Mudhaikhra, Far Al Udayn, Al Udayn, Hazm Al Udayn and Al Qafr.
Probationary Period: Three months probationary period.
Reporting to: MEAL Officer
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP)
RDP is a Yemeni national non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by disasters, wars, and increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process.
The BSFP Field Monitor will be responsible for monitoring and supervising the project activities in the Food Distribution Points (FDPs) within the targeted districts in Ibb governorate (in the districts of Mudhaikhra, Far Al Udayn, Al Udayn, Hazm Al Udayn and Al Qafr). He \ She will work under direct supervision of the MEAL Officer to whom regular reports and certain data should be submitted and will work closely with the districts supervisors and provide the required support. BSFP Field Monitor will monitor the activities and performance of the Community Nutrition Volunteers in the BSFP Food Distribution Points (FDPs) and coordinate with other field staff to ensure highest quality of services provision and activities implementation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the MEAL Officer to prepare monthly field visits plans to the districts FDPs with clear objectives and checklists.
- Work in close collaboration with the Districts Supervisors and the Community Nutrition Volunteers (CNVs) to conduct registration and verification of BSFP beneficiaries using the standard registration materials and guidelines in close collaboration with local Community Committees.
- Assist and accompany the MEAL Officer during field visits and provide the needed support as requested.
- Participate in the regular evaluation sessions with the project team and support the MEAL officer in the collection of obstacles, recommendations, and lessons learned.
- Ensure that RDP's Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) is mainstreamed among the project activities; Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM); Information Sharing and beneficiaries awareness of their rights and the project activities; the Do No Harm principle and Community Engagement.
- Submit weekly reports to the MEAL officer including checklists of field visits to FDPs and Health Facilities and follow-up and fix all issues observed and reported in close coordination with the Districts Supervisors under the supervision of the MEAL Officer.
- Ensure high quality of implementing the project activities of conducting the registration and verification of BSFP beneficiaries using the standard registration materials and guidelines according to RDP, MoPH&P and donor standards.
- Ensure that the distribution of the BSFP commodities is in the right entitlements as per MoPHP protocols in close collaboration with local Community Committees.
- Participate in the regular on-site monitoring and capacity building trainings for the Community Nutrition Volunteers by the districts supervisors.
- Conduct regular visits to the districts and FDPs warehouses to check the commodities, the applied archiving system of the commodities movement and the status of the warehouse documents.
- Collect the complaints forms from the complaints boxes in each FDP regularly.
- Organize the distribution points to ensure safety and protection of beneficiaries.
- Supervise and monitor the distribution preparations of Food Distribution Plans (DP), Food Release Notes (FRN) and Dispatch Plans for the district Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP).
- Monitor the dispatch process from warehouses to Food Distribution Points (FDPs) and ensure its accomplishment within the planned timeframe.
- Conduct Focus Groups Discussion with beneficiaries for information sharing about the project activities, targeting criteria, and the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism, as well as to obtain lessons learned.
- Check the collected Community Nutrition Volunteers monthly reports to the District Supervisor using MoPH&P standard reporting format in its due time.
- Check the Food Distribution Points (FDPs) records, reports and documents after each distribution cycle and coordinate to deliver them to the Data Entry of the project.
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies).
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Diploma or higher degree in public health, nutrition or any other related field.
- A minimum of one year work experience in the field and working with NGOs. BSFP work experience is preferred.
- Good English language, especially written English.
- Excellent computer skills and Microsoft Applications especially Excel.
- Strong knowledge of the project districts and rural communities.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work from the field.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to email@example.com not later than September 14th, 2019, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org