Ended Doctor Anaesthetist
VACANCY: DOCTOR ANAESTHETIST
Position status: Full-time
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff
Increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anaesthesia technicians/OT staff when necessary.
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon
- Carry-out all anaesthesia related activities during surgery
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, ensure good quality of care is provided till full recovery and setting analgesic management
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon
- Respect and apply hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery
- Organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and carry-out team management activities when necessary
- Collaborate with other departments in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures, filling medical documents and reporting
- Post Graduate Degree in Anaesthesia after Bachelor Degree in Medicine and Surgery - MBBS essential
- Valid medical licence as a specialist Doctor Anaesthetist essential.
- Desirable, five years’ experience as an anaesthetist. Previous ICU experience is an asset.
- Arabic and English essential.
- People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results and Teamwork.
Only applicants submitting the following documents will be considered:
CV, cover letter, valid ID, valid medical licence, and MBBS
by email to : MSFCH-Hudaydah-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
subject: “DOCTOR ANAESTHETIST 02.09”
or in an envelope with your name and the position applied for: MSF Al Salakhana Hospital – CV drop box
Deadline for the submission of applications is September 11, 2019 at 5pm.
Only applications in English will be considered.