Ended Deputy Field Coordinator (2)
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Deputy Field Coordinator
Location: Hodeidah / Aden (with frequent field visits)
Duration: 6 Months (renewable)
No. of Positions: 2
Salary and Benefits: Gross monthly salary: 2,923 $ - 3,469 $ // Medical and Life Insurance: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Assignment : Ensure the overall implementation of the projects, coordinating the activities and building the capacity of PMs to identify and implement high quality program activities in an accountable manner, and in conformity with ACF/donor requirements and area/mission strategy
1: Contribute to identify sectoral needs, to design program strategy and operational development
- Coordinate and support PMs and field teams to identify humanitarian sectoral needs in the area of intervention, including the submission of reports pertaining to such matters, in coordination with MEAL for development of needs assessment methodology and tools
- In collaboration with FieldCo, promote and facilitate the inputs by PMs to elaborate and design the program strategy at base level including appropriate response to people’s needs, geographical coverage, and resources to mobilize
- Contribute in the design of the proposal, in collaboration with FieldCo, DCDs, HoDs and G&R Managers
2: Support and coordinate PMs to ensure the implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects
- General leadership of the area program departments, acting as a liaison between the FCO and the program team; support PMs to familiarize with projects, the logical framework and indicators, and sharing project information with his/her teams
- Guide PMs on projects implementation in line with the logical framework, the budget, the logistical and administrative procedures of ACF, and in full coordination with other programs and FieldCo
- Support PMs to develop Detailed Implementation Plans for all projects and consolidating/revising the plans among all sectors (program and support), to be shared with FieldCo and Coordination Team
- Ensure the collaboration among MEAL and PMs to carry out technical assessments, and coordinate multi-sectorial assessments
- Support PMs to coordinate with field-level Finance and Logistics Departments to facilitate project procurement; monitor and analyse the logistical, administrative and human resourcing being used within the programmes, recommending streamlining options and improvement of processes; play a coordinating role between PM/FCO/LOG/FIN at base level
- Support the PMs to establish effective workplans, provide regular monthly follow-up on every project, and pre-identify/respond effectively to constraints and restrictions in implementation; conduct regular meetings with the program teams to monitor the activities progress, revising/proposing adequate monitoring tools
- Ensure supervision and monitoring by PMs and his/her teams of the proper implementation of activities, identify the technical constraints associated with project implementation and propose innovative technical solutions in response to such constraints, also supporting HoDs/PMs to develop/upgrade technical designs/BoQ/SOP
- In coordination with G&R Mangers and HoDs, support the PMs to develop and manage the APRs of the projects at sub-national level, ensure key indicators are met and followed
- Ensuring proper monitoring and evaluation of activities in consultation with MEAL Department; play a coordinating role between PMs/FCO/MEAL at base level
- Support PMs in monthly budgetary monitoring exercise (BFU), in collaboration with Field Co and Finance team
- Consolidate and revise external and internal reports prepared by PMs, engaging incoaching with respect to report writing in coordination with GRM
3: Support PM to contribute to program quality and accountability processes and measure program impact
- Promote and contribute to learning and program quality improvement, supporting MEAL on organization and conduction of lessons learnt exercises of each project
- Participating in complaint and feedback mechanisms developed jointly with MEAL department and responding to the target population within the framework of the complaint mechanism SOP
- Organizing regular meetings among different sectors to ensure the full coordination and integration, and the project review
- Supporting PMs to increase beneficiary participation in interventions, suggesting new/review approaches and monitoring the implementation
4: Team Management and Human Resourcing
- To be the direct line manager of PMs
- Identify gaps and needs in terms of project management, and provide support and on-job training to the PMs in regards to budget management, report writing, monitoring and evaluation systems, representation, etc.
- Participate in the recruitment of PMs, and upon request, participate in the recruitment of other key project staff
- To ensure that the PMs implement activities in line with technical guidelines and requirements established both organizationally and those established at coordination level
- Provide development plans and appraisals for the PMs to ensure their capacity is built and their performance is improved
- Organize regular project meetings when needed, minutes reporting, team communication and team building activities
- Participate in the Human Resources definition for departments and ensure the best candidates are selected for the implementation of activities
5: Participate in the coordination and representation of ACF in his/her area of intervention
- Representing ACF in sub-cluster meetings and any other sectoral coordination platforms and/or technical working groups in coordination with PMs and FCO
- Initiate technical discussions at the field level with other stakeholders and actors, creating technical advocacy, improvement of coordination mechanisms, referral mechanisms, and delivery of service
- Support the PMs in coordination with national and international stakeholders throughout the implementation of the programming, coordinating with the DCD Program and other departments to ensure a common message and position is relayed effectively and clearly
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor Degree in humanitarian, social sciences, or similar fields
- At least 3 year in advisory positions in international organization, or at least 5 years in managerial position in international organizations.
- Good knowledge of Wash/FSL/Nutrition/Health/Emergency activities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Consolidate experience of project cycle management and using participatory tools and methodologies for assessment, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Excellent capacity on use of computerized system/programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and technical programs)
- Excellent capacity-building skills
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- Professional experience in project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Professional experience in budget management
- Professional experience managing a team (supervision, delegation, motivation, addressing conflicts)
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good organization, ability to set priorities and time management Autonomy, decision making and ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equity and equality.
- Level of the position: Manager.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 15/Sep/2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted