Reports to: Finance Officer
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
We’re looking for an organized and driven Staff Accountant to join our team at our Aden Office. The Staff Accountant position will work closely with our other accountants and operations personnel and handle day-to-day bookkeeping. We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and revitalize our record keeping and bring more organization to our day to day financials.
The “Accountant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Verify documents and checks, ensure proper documentations and authorizations.
- Verify and reconcile bank and petty cash accounts.
- Check vehicle logbooks and fuel consumption reports.
- Manage efficiently the food and livelihoods payments.
- Monitor line items charged in each payment.
- Ensure all payment vouchers are supported with the needed documents and reviewed by Finance Officer prior to upload.
- Prepare sun plus uploads for all payments and ensure all transactions are recorded.
- Reconcile general ledger with subsidiary accounts.
- Track receivables and reconciles monthly accounts receivable.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure all financial documents are translated before submitting to Sana’a office.
- Prepare and send all financial documents to Sana’a office.
- Ensure that the filling system is in place.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor / Diploma degree in Finance or similar discipline.
- 2 years of direct experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Extensive knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply