Ended Beekeeping Specialist
Position: Beekeeping Specialist
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The overall role of the Beekeeping Specialist is to plan , implement , monitor, and evaluate different project’s activities, He / She is responsible for the registration , Training delivering inputs to beneficiaries , in addition ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality
The “Beekeeping Specialist” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assist in the beneficiary selection process.
- With the cooperation and approval of the field coordinator develop a work plan listing the activities involved in the collecting of information, sourcing of equipment, educating of beneficiaries, or distribution of beehives, beekeeping equipment, and beekeeping materials.
- With the cooperation and approval of the field coordinator develop a list of equipment and materials necessary for beekeeping, collect quotations and determine sources for the beekeeping equipment and materials, develop a finalized list of beekeeping equipment and materials each beneficiary will receive within the amount budgeted for each beneficiary.
- Advise the field coordinator on the proper bee hives for each area and beneficiary situation.
- Travel to obtain information on the beneficiaries’ current knowledge of beekeeping and provide consultations to the beneficiaries.
- Prepare educational brochures on the side of education and health of bees.
- Assist in any other task requested by the field coordinator involved in the collecting of information, sourcing of equipment, educating of beneficiaries, or distribution of beehives, beekeeping equipment, and beekeeping materials.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Plants Prevention (Bees) or similar discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in Plants Prevention (Bees).
- the ability to maintain and repair beekeeping equipment
- strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proven experience in beekeeping Activities and tasks.
- Willing to work long and irregular hours
- good physical fitness, to carry and lift beehive equipments.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
- Solid planning, budgeting, and reporting skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply