Ended Cholera Response Coordinator (2)
Position: Cholera Response Coordinator (2)
Location: Aden (1) / Sana’a (1)
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Cholera Response Coordinator manages, supervises and coordinates all program activities related to ADRA’s cholera response in Yemen.
The “Cholera Response Coordinator” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Provide strategic leadership regarding all cholera-related activities in close collaboration with the WASH Advisor, Health Specialist, SBC Specialist, WASH coordinator and the cluster coordinators and other sector
- Effectively manage multiple budgets from donors with different levels of flexibility in order to deliver effective, timely service to communities in need.
- Lead and/or participate in rapid needs assessment in ADRA’s targeted districts for planned or potential new areas of cholera response
- Manage the day-to-day running of the cholera response program: interventions may include, but are not limited to, public health promotional activities (using ADRA’s SBC strategy and other participatory and mass communication approaches), rehabilitation of key infrastructure, capacity building of staff, volunteers and key stakeholders on key hygiene and public health practices related to cholera prevention preparedness and reduction
- Submit reports on the progress of cholera response interventions in line with donor reporting requirements
- In collaboration with the WASH Advisor, Health Specialist, SBC Specialist, WASH coordinator and the cluster coordinators, draft exit strategies promoting hand-over of responsibilities to communities and MSPP.
- Represent ADRA to government, the health and WASH clusters and other international and national agencies and donors ensuring ADRA’s Cholera Response program is coordinated with other organizations.
- Participate in building the capacity of staff
- Advocate with all partners on improving access to quality health care for vulnerable populations.
- Coordinate meetings and share information with external stakeholders.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, Engineering, or another relevant field is required.
- More than 5 years of experience managing WASH programming, preferably with USAID funding; familiarity with USG rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of office management systems, procedures and Overseeing Employees
- Demonstrated experience working in the Middle East, as well as experience working in emergency WASH programming.
- Previous experience working in emergency or conflict affected areas preferred; experience working in Yemen a plus.
- Excellent leadership, budget/financial management, analytical, communication and project specific technical skills.
- English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply