Ended Data Management Officer
Position: Data Management Officer
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the Data Management (DMO) will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The DMO’s primary role is to collect all relevant data and report it to the donor.
The “Data Management Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Work closely with the MEAL Coordinator in ensuring appropriate, timely and planning of program start-up activities and regular implementation according to work and implementation plans;
- Responsible of training the new staff in information system formats and make sure that all concern people understand the reporting system;
- Update the database on the reports received from the field and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid;
- Assist in analyzing the information for each activity and illustrates the achievement on monthly and quarterly basis;
- Feedback the field officers about the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and return back;
- Submit regular report to the MEAL Coordinator and cluster.
- Analyze the data and make report against the indicators of the project to see the level of the achievement;
- Working effectively as team member with the field team to improve the quality of the project data.
- File all checked and received hard copies of reporting format into a proper archiving system;
- Save the data entries regularly as well as the statistical results;
- Keep files by month/year stored into the computer with clear segregation (draft version, final versions);
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analyzing. Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues;
- Maintain correct and up-to-date project data and relevant records in soft and hard-copy files ensuring the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data and records;
- Support the design and validation of data collection tools (forms, questionnaires, etc.) and processes (assessment, monitoring, evaluation), and related data analysis plans;
- Coordinate and check information with field locations on products including but not limited to: project info graphics, situation reports & donor reports;
- Develop data implementation and dissemination plans (e.g., summary reports, graphs, and maps);
- Provide technical assistance to field teams regarding data collection and reporting;
- Institute reporting tracking systems, coordinate and compile reporting from field teams and coordinators on projects achievement to feed into a central reporting and support field offices to do the same at district level;
- Compile weekly and monthly numeric achievements and ensure reporting submitted on time and to high standards;
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, information technology (IT) or computer sciences, or equivalent discipline.
- 2 years of previous experience in data management on the humanitarian context is required;
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of English and Arabic (both written and verbal);
- MS Office Skills (MS Excel, MS Access, etc.).
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply