Ended ERMs Specialist
Position: ERMs Specialist
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
ERMs Specialist responsible to oversee implementation of project activities in small business Sectors. He / She will manage association selection , beneficiaries with asset selection, training and supervising, field staff to ensure the assistance to the actual beneficiaries which is provided for targeted areas and population. He / She will work in constant collaboration with, ADRA Deputy Program Manager and Program Manager.
The “ERMs Specialist” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Work with ADRA management and local community Association to develop a method for selecting beneficiaries of the small business component.
- Conduct asset visit to the nominated of local association and confirm the eligibility of association and provide them with ADRA criteria of beneficiaries selection .
- Organize staff and assist in the implementation of the determined method of selecting beneficiaries and confirm the eligibility of beneficiaries before finalizing the beneficiary list and posting it in the local community association.
- Conduct an assessment on the types of business that are or could be profitable for beneficiaries, taking in to account cultural and gender values and roles within the community.
- Develop a list of materials required for the start-up of each type of business.
- Develop or source a curriculum on basic business management and carry out a training for beneficiaries on the topic. Include a component regarding how to develop an effective business plan and provide assistance to the beneficiaries in the development of their business plans.
- Assess and approve beneficiary business plans.
- With cooperation with the project staff organize the distribution of materials and assist in the implementation of it.
- Conduct or organize of Follow up visit to our beneficiaries after distribute equipment & tools and submit regular report to Assistant Project Manager & M&E department .
- Beneficiaries will primarily be selected in Lahj, Abyan and Al-Dhala'a and the coordinator will primarily work in the field.
- Regular reports will be submitted on a schedule that will be determined according to necessity with the ADRA management
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Projects Management or relevant field is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Project Management or similar field with international NGOs
- Strong Community Mobilization skills
- Ability to effectively represent the organization and its program at field level
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Solid planning, budgeting, reporting, and computer skills.
- Excellent English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
- Proven experience in ERMS Activities and tasks.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply