Ended Livelihood Coordinator
Position: Livelihood Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Livelihood Coordinator is primarily supports the project activities in ensuring the achievement of desired project outcomes. The Coordinator will primarily be involved in the development of a detailed implementation plan, overseeing the project progress, ensuring compliance with the organization and the donor’s policies. He/She will actively work to facilitate the implementation process for the project team and ensure good communication with the local authorities and stakeholders to safeguard smooth services provision timely and effectively.
The “Livelihood Coordinator” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Implementation of livelihoods activities of the project in the best possible way according to the detailed plan prepared, outputs and expected results and make the necessary arrangements.
- Involvement of the various target groups (community leaders, representatives of relevant offices, women, youth ...) in planning and implementation of activities through holding regular meetings and workshops.
- Conduct needs assessment and analysis, ensuring beneficiary participation including adequate attention given to the needs and challenges by gender and of vulnerable groups. Inform and document the anomalies and the challenges carried out during the implementation phase of the project.
- Engage in the beneficiary selection process in collaboration with the local partners and under the guidance of the Deputy Programs Manager.
- Develop activities plans and discuss them with the Deputy Programs Manager for approval and then implementation.
- Undertake frequent field visits to project sites to ensure that the technical aspects of the project are running in accordance with the project’s objectives and strategies
- ensure that the technical aspects of the project are running in accordance with the project’s objectives and strategies .
- Establish an efficient and effective supervision and following-up system that ensures the operationalization of field officers' functions and enables monitoring and evaluation of outputs and monitoring feedback from the beneficiaries themselves.
- Supervising, monitoring and evaluating the performance and duties of field officers and provide them with guidance to enable them to carry out field activities with high efficiency in accordance with the prepared plans.
- Work to motivate the field team, proper management of the team, propose the programs and training activities necessary to raise their capabilities so that they can carry out their tasks efficiently and infrequently.
- Identify the financial needs and requirements of activities and prepare their estimated budget.
- Take lead in the development of livelihoods indicators and relevant monitoring and evaluation instruments and provide real time technical advice to project staff through direct field visits.
- Building a strong strategic relationship with stakeholders, community leaders, representatives of local and international organizations working in the governorate, target directorates and beneficiaries in a way that serves the common interests, enhancing integration and coordination, and facilitating the work of the project and the organization.
- Representing the organization in formal and informal meetings with partners and stakeholders at all levels, reflecting the honorable image of the organization based on cooperation and mutual respect.
- Work to solve problems and overcome any difficulties in the work of the project and the implementation of its activities.
- Communicate with the direct supervisor in everything related to the progress of the project and improve performance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and activity reports including challenges, difficulties, solution proposals, lessons learned and recommendations and submit them to the supervisor at the specified times.
- Coordinate meetings and share information with Clusters.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILSS:
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Business development or other related field is required.
- More Than 5 years of direct experience in WASH projects’ management.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles
- Experience developing and implementing Livelihoods sector and activities
- Languages: good command of written and spoken English is required.
- Committed, responsible and ability to learn
- Office Suite excel and Word
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful environment.
- Knowledge of office management systems, procedures and Overseeing Employees.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply