Ended WASH Coordinator
Position: WASH Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till October 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The WASH Coordinator will provide leadership and quality control in the management, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation , Sanitation and Hygiene promotion projects in different Programmer Areas in Yemen. He/she will coordinate the design of WASH infrastructure that is appropriate for each stage of emergency and recovery ensuring the continued effectiveness of the WASH programmer as the situation evolves. The WASH Coordinator will also ensure the management and timely implementation of quality WASH projects that achieve their objectives, are readily accountable to stakeholders as well as provide effective management that ensures accountable use of project resources (finance, human resources and logistics.
The WASH Coordinator will be responsible but not limited to:
• Ensure the buy-in and participation of local communities in project activities.
• Capacitate and manage project staff and field operations in targeted governorates.
• Oversee the design and implementation of baseline and KAP surveys and other data collection activities.
• Supervise technical assessments of local water and sanitation systems to determine WASH options and select best solutions based on technical, cost criteria and community priorities.
• Review Boqs and procure technical services in line with ADRA contracting procedures.
• Monitor/supervise technical interventions to ensure they are implemented according to agreed standards and within budget / take appropriate remedial action if/when these standards are not being met.
• Contribute in proposal preparation and reporting to donors
• Identify and prepare TORs and contracts for technical consultants, as needed.
• With the M&E Officer, develop and implement mechanisms to monitor projects performance, in consultation with local stakeholders, against work plans and project targets.
• Manage projects budget, including approval and monthly review of expenditures, ensuring that funds are used for approved purposes and in accordance with ADRA requirements.
• Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with ADRA and donor policies and Procedures.
• Participate in coordination meetings and share information with external stakeholders as appropriate.
• Prepare regular and ad hoc reports, as needed, and attend ADRA regular meetings.
• Ensure staff compliance with ADRA Code of Conduct and humanitarian accountability requirements.
• Liaise regularly with WASH partners and represent ADRA in WASH cluster and partners’ meetings.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Water & Sanitation) or similar discipline.
- More Than 5 years of direct experience in WASH projects’ management.
- Solid planning, budgeting, reporting, and computer skills.
- Proven experience in administrative Tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Knowledge of office management systems, procedures and Overseeing Employees
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Arabic)
- Excellent English Language (Writing and speaking) is required.
- coordinate meetings and share information with external stakeholders.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply