The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended
Duty Station : Aden
Storekeeper 2 is responsible for the proper handling and storage of goods in the warehouse in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs). S/he supervises and organizes the work of Storekeeper 1.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Receives and checks incoming goods against the delivery note and reports any issues.
- Ensures that goods are properly stored, picked, packed and loaded and reports any issues.
- Ensures that all the stored goods are properly labelled (expiry dates, batch numbers, manufacturer, etc.) and recorded.
- Weighs and tallies goods during loading and unloading.
- Updates bin cards and stock cards when supervising an inventory transaction.
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Keeps the facility's equipment and materials neat, clean and orderly and reports any issues.
- Where required, ensures that temperatures are properly recorded.
- May be called upon to supervise the Loaders or daily workers.
- Where required, active participation in loading and off-loading
- Internally, interacts with other logistics staff.
- Externally, interacts with service providers and drivers.
- Secondary school diploma.
- Vocational training in administration or logistics, or equivalent experience.
- Good command of English or French.
- Computer literacy.
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum two years' experience in storekeeping.
- Team-management experience an asset.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com indicating in the subject line: Storekeeper 2
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 17.09.2019