Procurement Officer – Hudaydah/Raymah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Procurement Officer
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the area procurement assistant job
- Train the area procurement assistant on procurement processes
- Improve the quality of procurement documentation and comply to ACTED process
- Supervise the technical check process for procurements with the support of Project team
- Conduct Market assessments twice a year upon CLM request
- Create and maintain a supplier database at base level Bring procurements lead-time to the shortest possible period: improve the procurement deadlines
- Improve the process of contract management and supplier management
- Responsible for project procurement planning and daily coordination of procurement activities.
- Responsible for RFQ/RFP launching, offer analysis, contract development and contract management.
- Responsible for the application of all steps to be followed in contracting process and leads the contracting process;
- Follow-up procurement & supplies with logistic area team and main office in Sanaa.
- Procure all projects and office logistical requirements based on ACTED procurement guidelines.
- Adhere to all ACTED procurement policies and procedures. Advise supervisor and colleagues on solution-oriented methods to conduct large and intense procurements while adhering to policies timelines and ensuring timely delivery of items for Program needs;
- Assist program and operations in regular procurement planning meetings
- Conduct frequent market surveys and maintain a strong knowledge of the local market in Yemen;
- Collect offers from potential vendors for all operations and program requirements.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such manner as to bring credit to ACTED and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
Compliance and Communication
- Have a clear understanding of the procurement policy and assist in advising program and office management on required practices and procedures;
- Communication with field office(s) via e-mail, slack or cell phone in order to provide on time procurement supports;
- Adhere to all ACTED procurement policies and procedures; look for solution-oriented methods to conduct large and intense procurements while adhering to policies timelines;
- Assist program and operations in regular procurement planning meetings;
- Develop and support standard specifications and processes for purchase and contracting of goods and services to provide improved service, quality pricing and reduce time and administrative costs;
- Reinforce current procedures and the quality of ACTED internal control, based on international best practices, donor requirements and results of internal and external audits;
- Accountable for overall compliance with the procurement procedures;
- Conduct himself both professionally and personally in such manner as to bring credit to ACTED and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Delivery follow-up and relations with other FLAT departments
- Liaise with the suppliers to ensure they respect the delivery deadlines set in the contracts;
- Follow with Store Keeper and Logistic Officer to receive the signed waybill, reception vouchers and packing list after delivery;
- To submit the complete file with all relevant procurement and stock documents to prepare payment to Finance no later than 48 hours after the delivery.
- To coordinate with Finance and Store Keeper to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial system of ACTED.
Delivery Follow up
- To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers and packing list).
- To follow with field to send the signed waybill, reception vouchers and packing list after delivery immediately.
- To attach and file each delivery forms (waybill, reception voucher and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in designated folder.
- To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF)
- To ensure the proper storage and reporting of all stock items
- Create separate binders for each reporting documents and file them after final confirmation of capital logistic;
- Control and follow on daily basis the performance and work progress of all the procurement assistants under his/her responsibility
- Draft the weekly & daily work plan of their department staff
- Hold weekly meeting with the key staff member of the team for update on work progress and present a summary procurement progress report for WAM
- Train Procurement staff on procurement processes and delegate tasks
- Conduct bi-yearly appraisal for the procurement assistant
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University Education in a related discipline
- Minimum 3-year work experience in a similar field with good knowledge of the local market
- Fluent or comfortable working in spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills and Microsoft Offices.
- Excellent in calculations skills
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain activities
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work as a part of a team.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV & Cover letter in English: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Procurement Officer- Hudaydah/Raymah "
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter as (First/Last Name + Procurement Officer - Hudaydah/Raymah).
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 19 September 2019.
- “Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification