Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Clerk– Hudaydah/Raymah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and currently in Aden.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in Hodeidah.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Data Entry Clerk
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 3 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry with necessary validation queries in place;
- Check source documents for accuracy;
- Verify the accuracy of data collected during any data collection exercises and validate by reviewing data for deficiencies or errors and correcting any incompatibilities if possible;
- Obtain further information for incomplete data from the monitors/enumerators;
- Maintain clean and up to date datasets/databases while removing unnecessary and duplicate datasets;
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required;
- Enter data efficiently from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms completely and accurately;
- Recording data into required electronic format;
- Identify any problems with the database and take appropriate action in discussing with the line manager;
- Store completed documents in designated locations;
- Respond to requests for information and access to relevant files;
- Create queries for easy production of charts, figures, and reports from the database;
- Comply with data-standards for data integrity and Security policies.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Fluency in Arabic and at least working proficiency in English (written and spoken). The working language of the office is English.
- Competence in Microsoft Excel and experience using other statistical software or Open Data Kit or Kobo Toolbox required.
- Ability to quickly identify problems in the datasets and recommend/implement corrective measures;
- Knowledge and capacity on data standards, technical data validation methods, etc. Ability to operate in challenging environment requiring flexibility.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination;
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
- Actively participate in required meetings (weekly area meeting, monthly area meeting, etc.);
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues;
- Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities;
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV & Covering letter in English: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Data Entry clerk - Hudaydah/Raymah "
- Candidates must rename CV & Covering letter as (First/Last Name + Data Entry clerk- Hudaydah /Raymah).
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 19 September 2019.
- “Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification