Ended Protection Assistant
Job title: Protection Assistant
Reporting to: (Protection Team Leader)
Technical line manager: (Protection Team leader)
Direct reports: (N/A)
- Identify, select and verify, in accordance with established eligibility criteria, the most vulnerable for further assistance.
- Support and monitor local partner CSOs, community volunteers, community-based committees and/or other stakeholders.
- Follow-up on all referrals and document outcomes.
- Follow weekly work plans for the activities making sure to mainstream protection and comply with humanitarian standards.
- Maintain a daily presence at the program sites to implement the program, identify any concerns and obtain beneficiary feedback.
- Document, through pictures and stories, the impact of the program.
- Ensure that any beneficiary feedback, concerns or issues are addressed through the appropriate mechanisms.
- Provide weekly updates to the Protection team leader.
- Follow given work plans and guidance
- Comply with DRC’s Code of Conduct, program requirements and operational policies at all times and report any concerns through the appropriate mechanism.
- Any other duties as required by the supervisor
Required experience and competencies:
• A minimum of one year of experience working with INGO or UN agency or similar experience.
• Familiarity with and acceptance in the local community
• Experience working with local communities and community leaders
• Willingness to be placed and work in the field as assigned
• Commitment to humanitarian principles
• Organizational, time-management and documentation skills
• Ability and willingness to be a team player
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
• University degree.
• Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Good proficiency in English