Ended Protection Assistant (Database)
Job title: Protection Assistant (Database)
Reporting to: (Protection team leader)
Technical line manager: (Protection Team Leader)
Direct reports: (N/A)
- Compile and enter beneficiary and project information into databases from regularly collected (handwritten) registration forms and lists of Monitoring and reporting mechanism (MRM), psychosocial support (PSS) and Gender based violence GBV programs; update and revise data when details change.
- Create and maintain relevant excel databases and information management systems for the Protection activities.
- Analyse the collected data and identify critical protection trends in areas of operation.
- Contribute to relevant protection reports and evidence-based advocacy notes (Protection Monitoring reports, targeted advocacy notes etc.)
- Ensure the collection of Protection data in line with the PIM process, and the sensitive data management standards
- Ensure the safe protection data management (create and maintain confidential data bases, manage hard copies in DRC)
- Explore innovative means for capturing data, storage of information and documentation, and information management
- In collaboration with the IT & protection manager and Coordinator, design and maintain a platform for capturing and sharing implementation data and information.
- Ensure that all sources of verification are cross-examined prior to reporting
- Supervise data entry conducted by database assistants while ensuring that data is refined to meet high quality standards
- Mapping sector Program activities using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or any other web-based system that reflects area and type of protection interventions.
- Produce and update information products such as reports, charts, info-graphics and other visual materials.
- Ensure the security of all shared information.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Other Requirements (include years of experience)
- Technical professional Experience in information systems and database management aligning the main tasks specified.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Data Analysis and Dashboard Design.
- Skills in Maps design (ArcGis).
- Skills in design Programs (Photoshop).
- Innovation, creativity and willingness to explore and learn.
- Strong planning and organizational skills in the performance of tasks.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the work and comply with data integrity and security policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer Sciences/Information Systems/Information Technology or related technical field.
- Any Microsoft certifications in Access and related programs. Proficient in word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in database design or database administration, and/or data management.
- Understanding of humanitarian principles, protection principles especially on information management
- Experience in the humanitarian or development sector an advantage.
- Ability/willingness to move to different field locations;
- Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic