Ended Field Officer (5)
Field Officer (5)
Location: based in ( Amran-Ma'areb-Hajja-Al-Baydha-Ibb) with regular visits to targeted districts as needed.
Reporting to: GFD/CVTN Senior Coordinator
Published Date: 05 September, 2019
Contract Duration: 7 Months , possibility of extension
Contract type: Full time contract
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
The Emergency Food Assistance project is funded by WFP and designed to improve access of food-insecure households affected by crisis of Yemen in Ibb, Amran, Al badya, Marib, Al Jawf, Hajjah, and Al Hodeidah governorates to life-saving, safe and nutritious food all year. The project targets to distribute food assistance using two modalities; General Food Distribution- in-Kind (food transfers) modality in 24 districts, and Cash and Vouchers through Traders Network (CV-TN) in 12 districts within vouchers or cash-based transfers (CBT).
Field Officer Job Description
Field Officer is responsible to manage and supervise the project activities at governorate level. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
• Coordinate with WFP sub-office, and related authorities/stakeholders to conduct the project activities at the governorate level.
• Supervision of implementation of the targeting and registration exercise and assessment according to the mechanism and plan of WFP in the governorate.
• Supervise on distribution of food assistance or other activities in the project funded by WFP at the governorate level
• Supervision of training and scale up the project staff capacity to conduct the project activities effectively and efficiently at governorate level
• Responsible for implementation of training and awareness session to stakeholders, community committees, beneficiaries on donor interventions, NFDHR’s roles and project activities; targeting criteria, registration & registration exercise, mechanism of distribution assistance funded be WFP.
• Plan and manage the activities of project financially and technically at governorate level.
• Oversee establishment of distribution centers or activity locations and their team at governorate level
• Management of the distribution of food, distribution centers and their team at governorate level.
• Responsible for collecting, monitoring and recording, data of vouchers/commodities movement, or other data required by WFP and FSL program and their submission to WFP sub-office and program timely according to their documents cycle under supervision of direct supervisor .
• Represent NFDHR in the meeting, workshop, or other occasions with stakeholders/authorities/ WFP..etc at the target governorate.
• Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly, and annually reports required in the project
• Responsible for the administrative and financial duties in the field office.
The role of the Field Officer/Field Office Manager is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Field Officer/Field Office Manager is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s FSL project activities and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required
• Hold at least University degree
• English Working knowledge / Excellent and Arabic language (speaking, reading, writing)
• Computer application and IT knowledge.
• 3 years’ experience working in the similar position/job
• 1 years' experience in a humanitarian sector
• Experience working and coordination with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
Skills and Abilities:
• Capable to working independently, with little supervision and be self-motivated
• Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
• Ability to work in remote areas
• Leadership skills
• Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR and guidelines of WFP.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure
• Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
• Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
• Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles.
• Knowledge of the context
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link :
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position