Ended FSL Finance and Operations Manager
FSL Finance and Operations Manager
Location: based in the Sana’ Office, with frequent visits to targeted Districts
Reporting to: HR Manager
Published Date: 05 September, 2019
Contract Duration: 7 Months , possibility of extension
Contract type: Full time contract
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
The Emergency Food Assistance project is funded by WFP and designed to improve access of food-insecure households affected by crisis of Yemen in Ibb, Amran, Al badya, Marib, Al Jawf, Hajjah, and Al Hodeidah governorates to life-saving, safe and nutritious food all year. The project targets to distribute food assistance using two modalities; General Food Distribution- in-Kind (food transfers) modality in 24 districts, and Cash and Vouchers through Traders Network (CV-TN) in 12 districts within vouchers or cash-based transfers (CBT).
1. General objective of mission
Under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director and with a functional link to the Finance Manager, Operations Manager of NFDHR, he/she supervises the Finance, Operations and Human Resources in FSL Program.
2. Functions in order of priority
Finance, Operations, HR, Accountancy and Treasury for FSL Program
Provides overall management of the FSL Finance Department to ensure that optimum financial support is provided to FSL Office projects within established NFDHR financial policies and principles and within the standards set by the Country Office.
1. Provides advice to the Deputy Executive Director on financial matters, particularly the monthly review of the balance sheet and regular budget forecasting and projections.
2. Minimizes financial risk specifically in the areas of cash management and treasury (foreign exchange).
3. Advise the Project managers with donor contracts. Provides advice & provides expertise at the
project/program budget proposal development and final submission stage.
4. Reviews and monitors the FSL Offices financial systems (QuickBooks), Policies, Procedures and initiates development or correction as required.
5. Closely monitors Banking and Governmental Policies in Country, Regulations, Donors Requirements and Regulations and provides advice on payment issues.
6. Liaises with all Programs, to ensure that the contract liabilities are collected in a timely manner and that project expenditures are in line with the contract budgets.
7. Review and advice about FSL Office statements, staff payroll, financial reports, adjusting journal entries, cash receipts and signs cheques and bank letters in collaboration with the Finance Manager and under the levels of authority delegated by NFDHR.
8. Supervises the preparation and submission of the FSL Program budgets by line managers and finance staff, to ensure that budgets reflect Country Office needs and NFDHR budgetary requirements in collaboration with the Finance and Operations staff.
9. Provides information, guidance, addresses issues, and ensures there is an understanding of FSL Program finance requirements and standards along with contractual requirements from different donors.
10. Heads strategy and direction for the FSL Program in regards all finance matters. Review overall finance plans for budgets, staffing, and procurement and advice about the final decisions/recommendations on policy-level financial matters and provides an over view to the department on forex transactions as per delegated by NFDHR..
11. Audits the accounting practices of the FSL Program finance staff through the authorization of various documents and financial instruments, and takes corrective action as necessary.
12. Directly supervises the FSL Finance Team, and provides general team leadership for the Finance department.
13. Preform any other tasks as requested by the Deputy Executive Director or Executive Director
➢ Supervising of the FSL Program payroll management
➢ Responsible for the compliance to Tax, Social and Legal Regulations
➢ Overall responsibility for the operational management of human resources and timely recruitment, competitive remuneration, and development and implementation of the human resource strategy for FSL Program
➢ FSL Staff capacity building and development
➢ In charge of the update and the compliance to security and health measures for NFDHR Offices.
➢ Responsible for compliance with Donors’ rules on Purchases and Procurement
➢ In charge of the link with tax, social and any other administrative body in charge of regulations applicable to the country office
➢ In charge of administrative and financial relations with the different donors funding the FSL Program office
➢ Responsible for the dissemination of donors’ rules and regulation to the to the staff in charge of FSL Program projects
➢ Supervision and review of the implementation of administrative and financial procedures of NFDHR
➢ Contribution to the development of internal control
➢ Focal point for internal and external audits
➢ Responsible for the implementation of audit recommendation.
Support of the governance of the office-country
➢ Ensure that the principles of gender equality, diversity, transparency, and accountability and NFDHR values are implemented in each domain under his/her supervision.
➢ Provide and contribute to policy setting, guidelines and decision making for the FSL Program Office working in close collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director and other senior staff.
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link :
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position